Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Blanes
5 Posts
Katy2

I would suggest that you try Tossa de Mar, it is our favourite resort , we have been going for 20 years in September I have now reached OAP status and hope to keep going for many more years.

Have a look at http://www.tossacostabrava.com/index.html for further info.
Hi , we are 58 and 61, and only discovered the costa brava a couple of years ago.
Haven't been as far as Blanes- we saw it in the distance from a boat, believe it has some nice gardens and good connections to Barcelona. All we could see was a LOT of hotels.
Tossa has a lot of charm and history, we love it for a week, beach, old town, market, boat trips, lighthouse, lovely scenery and walks. But because it is quite difficult to get anywhere else by public transport a week is enough.
We went on a boat trip to Loret, but found it very busy and built up by comparison. Not for us.

We have been in late May, (turned out rather wet!) and June, when the weather was warm, but not hot.
kate
Have taken the family twice to Blanes. It isn't Tossa or Lloret (thank goodness) a much quieter place altogether. The older part of town to the North is full of restaurants especially along the seafront. To the southern end last the big rock it gets a bit 'younger' with more bars and discos. It is very flat apart from the big hill you have to get up to get to the Station. There are water taxis that link it to all the other local resorts if you fancy a day in Tossa or Lloret. The train is handy to get you to Barcalona.
hey katy,have you been to calella de palfrugell..its beautiful..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.