Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Blanes
8 Posts
We went to Blanes for our honeymoon 5 years ago and there was plenty to do, although it was quiet. However, we went to Tossa this year which is nearby. We decided to go to Blanes for the day, but found it extremley quiet, more so than we both remembered. We only stayed for a hour or so during the day as there wasn't really that much to do.
If I remember though from years ago, it seemed to brighten up a bit in the evening and there are a few nice restaurants, and as you say, one or two livelier pubs.
Hi Darth ... in additon to any feedback here, you may like to take a look at our Resort Reports page for Blanes:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-brava/blanes/

David :wave
Spent 2 weeks in Blanes in August this year.

Blanes is not an 'English' resort (thankfully in my opinion). There are plenty of lively Dutch bars. There are a couple of 'English' pubs although as I have not visited them I cannot give any recommendation. The livelier end of the resort is the end farthest from the port. There you will find the English, Irish and Dutch bars. There was one particular bar called 'Annies Birthday' but in Dutch. This was always packed with the women sitting outside and their men inside watching the soccer! The end nearer the port is Spanish and in my opinion has the best restaurants, bars and culture etc.

If you want decent food then try the Bar Bahia on the front between the rock and the port. The Maitre di is called Abundio. He is perpetual motion on legs. Juggles trays and other things. The food is excellent and service is fast. I can recommend the Steak in blue cheese sauce and the codfish Bahia. Although as a family we never had anything that we didn't like.
Give the dutch bars a go we went to one in benidorm, it was great so friendly and large shots, we used to end up there as a last stop off near our apartments, usually for a night cap but so friendly it used to run to three or four nightcaps lol, great coffee to
I have just returned from my third visit to Blanes. In July and August it is a very busy resort. There are not many British people there. It seems to come to life on an evening with no shortage of bars and restaurants to visit! I don't know about night clubs, I saw at least two. The Spanish bars offer much better value for money.
I have booked a short trip to the Barcelona / Costa Brava area in early April for the family (Mum. Dad plus 2 teenagers (17 &13))

I am considering staying self catering in Blanes. Does anyone know whether most of the restauraunts / pubs will be open at this time of year?

Also - has anyone stayed at the S'Abanell Central Park Apartments. any views?

Many thanks
Hi, did you stay at the S'abanell central park? Can you tell me what it was like?considering going there this yr - June timeframe.Are there facilities for kids, any kids entertainment, is there a restaurant /bar? What was Blanes like ?Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.