Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi i went to altinkum and its a lovely place went a few years ago but there is lazy day cruises and a boat trip to budrum, from wot i remember the boats wernt that crammed, but beware on the boat trip to bodrum take ure own drinks as very expensive on the boat, we are going in september cant wait
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Do you know what the prices are like for the boat trips? Also can you get trips where the drinks are included?

I can't believe how quick August is coming :)

We were recommended Altinkum by a friend who has an apartment there. It has got a lot of positive reviews so i hope it will be nice.

We are staying at the Esra apartments which has also had some good reviews on here as well.
like i sed its a very long time since i was in altinkum, im sure the lazy day cruises wud be all in but the boat trip to bodrum isnt not sure about others, i remember the esra, 10min walk from the town, we stayed at pay de aqua was a brand new hotel when was last there. was way out in the sticks but a great holiday, im sure u will love altinkum
We went on a boat trip last year for £10 each. We didn't plan it but ended up on a boat, that wasn't crammed, but full of Turks. It was one of the best days out i've ever had. Food was lovely, made an effort since we were the only english to be nice to us, no-one could speak a word of english but were lovely. Made us get dinner first and everything. There was only one shade on top deck though, which we managed to get but if we hadn't i would have probaby died from heat exhaustion lol. Wanted to do it again last year (we always go in August) but it was just too hot. Might try it again this August:).
please dont get the boat trip to bodrum, went last year brillant going out but everyybody was sick on the way back thought my time was up :yikes . was terrified for the last hour. my wife and her friend were in tears :cry . even romeo from romeo restaurant told us not to go (our favourite restaurant, even was standing waiting for us getting back to take us for brandy!!!! he was worrying about us all day)

the other boat trips were £10 all inclusive good day out just have a look at the boat 1st to see if you like it as all boats leave at the same time
Hi Elaine, we too are going to the Esra but in 21st July till 4th August. We also want to go on a boat trip so reading your replies have given me a bit of insight into whats available, we've been to Hissaronu last year and Marmaris the year before so looking forward to it but the reviews id read on a different web site had mixed reviews so not sure really what to expect.

Have a good time
Julie
just got back 11 o'clock last night, yes taffy is still there, didn't do his boat, and it seemed to be full of people extremely intoxicated, on all of the three times we saw this boat coming into port, the kind off stuff that makes you feel ashamed of being british :cheers
did you go anyboat trips if so who with? would you recommend it?
we went on the albatross very nice, paid a tenner each for food and drink, make sure you ask for a big glass as the try to palm you off with small cups, coke out of plastic bottle and skol lager out of big bottle, good value as it is from 10.30 till 4.30, but zaza tour do a trip on a twin masted sail boat which i would of prefered but found out to late but see here, http://www.zazatour.com/yachting-tour.htm
that looks the job :rofl sorry to ask any idea where zazaztours are situated.

last year when we werent at pool relaxing or on trips we basically spent our time between pinnochios & the harbour (romeos etc) and going up and down artaturk boulevard.

a week to go can't wait :sun2
there are two offices, i passed the large one returning from pummakle, but the one i booked with is just by the entrance to dolphin square, their are three in a row, love tour , oracle and zaza, zaza were the only ones to guarantee any trips, he is more expensive than the other two, when i pointed this out he said the trips were unlikely to go ahead, when i tried booking at the others they just kept telling me to come back later to check to see if enough people were going, that is no use to me, zaza said even if i was the only one going he would not let me down, hence the price, fair enough in my eyes as a canceled trip is no use to anybody, no matter how cheap.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.