Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Boats trips
8 Posts
Boat trips are available out of Mahon and Cuitadella..... these are not booze cruises but just gentle trips out in the med.
There is a good family boat trip from Cala Galdana, lasts about an hour if memory serves me right, departs from a cafe nestled in the bay.
Hi there, We went to Cala n Forcat last june and booked a boat trip for the last day of our holiday through one of the local car hire shops. We got up nice and early and got to the shop fully loaded with food and drinks for the day only to be told the trip was cancelled due to a lack of demand for it in Forcat,they said they could get us on a trip the next day but for us that was not possible. I spoke to another couple at our hotel and they said they had the same problem the week before, it seems this particular boat only likes to go out to sea with the decks crammed with tourists.
So it might be a good idea to ask others at your hotel what the trips are like and if they are reliable.
Have just returned from a lovely break, and want to provide an update for anyone interested.

Apparently, there are boat trips out of both Mahon (spoke to people who had done it) and Ciutadella (saw a leaflet).

I was told there are no trips out of Cala Galdana - but cannot confirm this.

I took a trip from Cala'n Bosch. There appear to be two boats from the marina. Dom Pancho (smaller) and Amigos are the names I think. Both are around the same price €13 v €14, and do much the same tour.

It lasted from 10.00 - 1.00, with a drop off at a beach which wasn't particularly nice. Both boats stopped at the same beach - I don't know if this happens every day, but it did the day we went.
Are there any day trips between the two ports? :?:
can anyone recommend a nice trip by boat or ferry while we are in menorca, we will be staying in cala'n bosch.

thankyou fizz xx
The glass bottom boat trips in Callan Bosch are brilliant - worth every penny (or euro)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.