Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We were in Bitez near Bodrum three years ago for October half-term, the very last week of the season. We did the Ephesus trip, so it was indeed still running. I have a vague idea we paid £17 each including admission and lunch. We booked with a local agency. The rep was twice the price. I can't remember the journey time, but it was quite long. We started very early and the first stop was a breakfast stop. We got back at maybe 7 or so I think. It was well worth doing and the best time of year to go. Summer would be far too hot.
hire a car and do it yourself.... entrance 20 ytl.... audio guide 5 ytl.... and no stops at high price carpet and outlet stores!
Journey time from Bodrum 3 hours sensible drive. Also take in the wine village of Sirince.
I also suggest to do it by car
Roads are good and it would be easy

Jeroen
Thanks for the advice - would it be much cheaper to hire a car than to go and book a trip in Bodrum ?.

Toffeemen
book a trip is cheaper I think.

But car is more convenient, you can decide when to ride and stop underways
Much more easy

BTW hiring a car is quite cheap
20-30 euro a day

Jeroen
How does this sound ?

Departure time 07:00 and retun time approximately 19:00-20:00. Excursion price per person 30.00 EUR-24.00 GBP per person.

Toffeemen
The times sound right but the price seems high. You don't want to go booking in advance. Just look around when you get there. Everyone will be offering these trips.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.