Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lynwestie,

We have some member reviews on the Hotel Review section: Bodrum Princess and Hotel Baia. Some aren't recent however.

Darren
We have been to the Bodrum Princess, it is a lovely hotel, food and rooms are excellent as are the drinks. It is in a lovely setting but has a VERY small beach. Lots of sunbathing areas and a 3 tier swimming pool. BUT it is in a very remote spot, miles away from Bodrum (25klm) and any else for that matter. It is not near the hotel Baia and not near Turkbuku. There is a hotel bus that goes into Bodrum everyday but you would have to be sure not to miss the return bus, 'cos it would cost you a fortune to get a taxi back as there is no dolmus to the area near the hotel.

Denny
Hmm that's the bodrum Princess crossed off the list then Denny . she's not keen on being too isolated . Thanks for your help both . I've told her to pay the little bit extra and go for the WOW bodrum thats about £500 more for the 3 of them.
Hi Lyn, I think both of those hotels may be a bit isolated. The Baia has some terrible reviews on TA. We have just bagged a bargain for later in the year, Kefaluka Resort which is 5* 24hr AI. This is fairly isolated set in a small village but on the beach with fantastic amenities. It is 10 kms from Turgetries so very do able on the dolmus for the market etc. Maybe worth a look? Alternatively, like you say maybe splash that bit of extra cash and go for the WoW. :wave:
Thanks Sharon. We've put together another list to look at and the Kefaluka was one of them I believe .

I can't believe the prices . Theres only the 3 of them going now . Her /husband and 12 yr old son so she should still get a child price and even the bargains are coming out almost £3000 early August for something decent . £3500 for the WOW :yikes .

lyn
Yes I agree prices have gone crazy this year, that's why i grabbed the Kefaluka for first week in October, £460 each! Prices are fluctuating quite a bit though, it's certainly worth spending a bit of time waiting for them to drop. Thomas Cook prices in particular are very up and down from one week to the next. Can't believe we got the Hemera for that price last year, doesn't look like that will happen again. :wave:
Hiya Lyn

Don't know if this is of any use to you, but it is one hotel we have been meaning to go to for a while, and we have decided to give it a go next May.

It is the Salmakis Resort and Spa, near to Bodrum, it is just beautiful, and the reviews on all the sites are 95% positive, and the rest are nit picking, as with most things...................the prices for this year are excellent, and the facilities are very good. Little water taxi across to Bodrum from the hotels' beach, and views across the bay are meant to be stunning.

It is a 4 star plus AI, although I do believe B&B is offered too, but not 100% sure on that score. Choice of rooms also, and 2 a la cartes.

Check it out on http://www.salmakishotel.com it has a gallery of photos of all the facilities, events, rooms and activities, and Thomas Cook have availibility for this hotel, so maybe worth a look for your friends.

You know I will only offer hotels I would choose myself, so have a look and let me know

Trifle x
She still hasnt booked but spending hours a day researching . Currently has an excellent price for the Yelken (well a bargain actually) and she's seen the Salmakis at a good price too trifle .

She does like good quality rooms though (question mark on those at the Yelken) but is happy to pay a little extra for those if the price is good enough .
Hiya lyn

The Salmakis is giving out some good deals, and the Yelken also, (Think Salmakis would be the better choice) I know the new Kefaluka Resort is being mentioned a bit, but, not enough about it yet, so that maybe one for 2011. I think it will be an excellent hotel for families though.

I have been doing a lot of checking recently on all Ai and Ultra AI hotels, and so many of them now are introducing surcharges on some of the a la cartes, now I know this is common practice on a lot of the new ones, but the established ones like the Cornelia, Susesi,Limak Lara etc are incurring charges between 6 to 8 euro per a la carte per person..............ok if only 2 of you going, but families who maybe have to budget will find these charges an extra burden on the pocket.....................I think we all need to look at the hotels we are booking just to see what is being included.

Ramble on a bit sometimes.........sorry!!!!!!!!!! Has your friend looked at the Voyage Torba? super duper place, and hopefully I should be there in a fortnight, (Volcanic ash permitting) but, a very good choice of a la cartes, and a new private section has just been opened for 2010.

Hope she gets something sorted, just let us know.

Take care.
Trifle is the Voyage Torba the same as the Voyage Turkbutu?

If not we don't see it as available for her dates .

She's just left and was on the point of booking the Salmakis with a good price and free child place but a picture that someone has put on TA of a dirty toilet has put her off .
It really will stress her out if the room is not up to scratch . Even the thought of the carpeted rooms was sending shivers up her spine . She wouldnt be able to put her feet down .All was looking good until then and my hubby didnt help . He was winding her up something rotten . :rofl
Hiya

No it's a different hotel, Turkbuku is further on than Torba. Beautiful swish place though. A little more up market (some would say)

Pictures of dirty toilets? flippin heck, but then again, I think some people actually sabotage hotels in favour of others, and I have looked into the Salmakis for a while, and seen very few negatives..................but, hey ho, hotels go up and down the rankings like yo yos'.

Would your friend consider the Rixos in Bodrum? absolutely nothing there that would disappoint at all. Due to re open on 24th May, after massive refurb....it is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. I know it costs a little more than your average hotel, but truly it is worth every penny.

The Club Isil gets good reviews, but I know nothing about it really, we stopped off there for pick ups in September and looked amazing, everyone seemed really sad to be leaving. It's another suggestion though.

I hope your friend finds something, I know there are lots to choose from, but equally, it has to be "Up your street" before you book, and if she has any doubts about any hotel, then it is usually a good sign of things to come.

Has she looked at the Kadikali Resort in Kadikalesi, that is meant to be superb also..........................Oh here I go again, waffle, ramble, waffle..........

Over and out........
Rixos is coming up too expensive Trifle . She has a budget of around £3000 for the 3 of them . 2 adult + a 12 yr old .

The salmakis looks really nice and TC are giving a free child place . £2500 for 2 weeks with an extra couple of hundred for sea view rooms . I think she has gone through most of them and of course the really swanky ones are coming up near £4000. she's gone back home to read through the Salmakis again tonight .To be fair the photos were a few pages back on the reviews and all apart from one have been excellent of late.

she's trying to find something within her budget thats friendly and not too pompass , has plenty of English and is within walking distance of a town. The cleanliness and condition of rooms is a big issue for her and carpets are a no no. As much as she would like to say "as long as it's clean" she can't.
La blanch is another option.
She stayed at the Marti in Icmeler last year(Delux sea view rooms) , loved it but felt that it was a little too stuck up and dressy.

Probably more a case of too much choice . So many more fantastic A/I's have sprung up in the last few years and until I'd read a lot of your posts I'd never heard of half of them .
Oh I know lyn, the Rixos is one that can be really pricey, but it does sometimes have excellent offers...................I have checked the Salmakis on TA, and the reviews of late have been very good, and honestly I would holiday there.

I think some hotels do scare people off because they have this air of snobbery about them..................but then again, wouldn't want to holiday with the cast of Shameless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez, mind you, have seen what looked like them at one hotel...lol

The La Blanche would be ideal, it is a good laid back hotel, but, lyn, don't you think the prices there have increased for this season? I couldn't believe some of the quotes.....................I will keep my fingers crossed, and I hope she gets sorted soon. And I completely agree, sometimes too much choice. Yes, there are some terrific hotels throughout Turkey, but, some of them are pricing themselves out of the market.............

Sounds like a good deal to me at the Salmakis, and not many hotels do child places up to 12 now. So another thing in its' favour. Hey ho!

Let me know

Trifle :tup
I thought I'd just found the Rixos with Thomson for £2315 . Just got really excited before I realised that was per person . :rofl
To be honest I think prices are just stupid for this year . I've never paid more than £3700 for 5 of us (4 adults +1 child) A/I in Turkey but no way would I be able to do that this year and the reason we are going to Cuba .

Even that bargain of £2500 is silly money for 2 adults and a free child dont you think Trifle .
Hi Lyn, to be honest I would snatch that price of £2500 this year. I also think with the current situation of flight and holiday cancellations people are going to be rebooking and the availability is going to be quite slim, especially for school holidays. By the way did you have your easter break in Egypt again? Hope you had a great time :wave:
Hiya Lyn

I agree with mini I think the price of £2500 for this year is quite good, if you consider what some of the "Run of the Mill" hotels are charging.........The prices for the Rixos is a scandal. We paid a lot less than that for 2 adults last May for a 10 night holiday, but we have paid over £3000 for the 2 of us to 1 hotel in Belek!!!!!It was excellent, but never again. I know some people seem to get bargain prices for some hotels, but, with children in tow they have you hook line and sinker, A captive market, and so they do have the upper hand, very unfair. I am glad now we can pick our holiday times outside of high season and pay slightly less, although in saying that the Torba was a lot cheaper in May than our September break there, it had increased by £400 for the same flight out, same flight back, same length of stay and again out of high season.....the mind boggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And again, with all the additional charges that hotels are now imposing on facilities, a la cartes etc, we all should actually consider what our AI holidays are actually including.,..We are AI fanatics, always have been, and we have stayed at some wonderful places, but, if this is going to be an across the board situation, where facilities are becoming less and less for the pennies you are paying, then again that will create problems with what we are being charged.....................B&B may be an option for us down thre line???????????????/who knows?

I am pleased the the situation at the airports seems to be getting sorted, so maybe we will get our holiday in May after all.

And to all the ones who are stuck and waiting to get home, Good Luck and my thoughts are with you all. Maybe now, lessons will have been learned and the "Powers that be" will get their acts together.........

Speak soon
Thanks Trifle and Sharon.

She was up until the early hours reading these forums :rofl .

she'll be back here in a bit and determined to book . Still looks like the Slamakis is going to be the best bet for her budget . It was the Marti she stayed at last year . , dont know why I put the Mirage .

Yes we had a georgous week in Egypt Sharon (went back to HSB) . Came back last sunday .Thank the lord we went the first holiday week .

Darren or any other mods reading . Could you maybe change the title for me to include the Slamakis resort and spa .
She's just leaving and has booked the Salmakis .Paid the extra £200 for sea view rooms £2754 with Direct/Thomas cook :pele
Thanks for altering the title for me Darren . Sorry it's Salmakis and not Slamakis . My mistake .
Fantastic, so happy for her, she and her family will have a wonderful time.

Little water taxi into Bodrum, Dolmus into Turgutreis for the Market, and the ferry across to Kos for the day should she choose.

Have a wonderful time lyn's friend. Let us all know what you thought, then we can book............lol

:sun2 :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.