Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I don't usually book a package so have no experience of looking for early booking discounts. However my thinking at the moment is that it may be worth booking in advance due to the high cost of fuel at the moment. Those costs may go up and be added to later bookings, but I'm no expert on these things.

luci :wave
trish1968 wrote:
Many are out now, but not all. I have priced up for 2009 but two tour operators going to the resort we are looking at, First Choice and Sovereign, are not out until end May/June.

The First Choice Summer 2009 brochure has been out since the middle of last week - bookable since 17th April, although only through your travel agent or over the phone direct - they're not selling via the internet for a couple more weeks yet.
I think it helps if you know where you want to go and what sort of price you can realistically afford to go to. I know it seems ages away but it soon comes round.

I have just booked for Summer 2009, was happy with the price, the flights, the reviews so I thought to myself 'go for it'. I admit I booked in December to go in August for last year and it was a struggle to pay and save spending money at the same time so at least booking now I know I have got plenty of time to pay and save.

You might get a better chance of getting a great deal out of the 'Euro zone' aswell, free child places and with the credit crunch and the general cost of day to day living you may find it easier to plan that bit ahead. ;)
I just booked for next August 2009 with Thomas Cook (through travel agents), got a fantastic price to Mexico (I knew where I wanted to go). Last week when I went into the Thomas Cook Shop asking for their First Edition Summer Brochure, the assistant did say these are the best prices (discounts etc) and that the Second Edition Brochure prices do normally go up. But then again I always book well in advance.
Thanks for the opinions. We do know where we are going (well I do and am still working on the other half) and I have priced up the same holiday for this year and there isn't that much in it so I think (if he agrees) we will do it now. Thomas Cook are offering low deposits now which will help.

Thanks again.
I wasnt going to book for 2009 yet because the prices were high and I normally DIY to turkey but I got offered such a good deal that I thought I would get my name down.

The complex I booked will be full for the kids holidays within no time , and I managed to get a local flight with no supplement and a couple of Free child prices.

If you are happy with the price , book it!! and then never check prices again!
The other half has agreed with my choice of destination for 2009. I have a few more things to check but I am going to go ahead and book it. Managed to get a cheaper price from Thomas Cook's internet site so I am very happy. Thanks again for the opinions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.