Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I booked hotel last night. Going with my Mum for 4 nights 23 May to Sol Guadeloupe, Magaluf. Like you I've been hanging on but decided I'd waited long enough. Flights were booked since before Christmas & have been watching hotel prices since then. Cheapest price was through Monarch & they have had a sale on since January. Even though Travel Republic keep advertising prices cut by upto 25%, the hotel price has only changed slightly in line with the Euro going up or down. Decided to get booked - would have kicked myself if hadn't booked & Monarch sale ended.

Not done transfers yet, friends going out week before & using Majorca Airport transfers so will probably wait & see how they went on & either book with them or Janerbus

Cheryl
Depends if you're bothered about where and hotel services/rating etc. July could be a busy period and you might just get 'what's left'. Prices will be based on supply and demand, so it could go either way.

I think if I was going in July I'd decide which resort I wanted to be in and which hotel I fancied then do a search for the cheapest option and book it.
Think I might 'bite the bullet' and book before the weekend; trouble is I will keep checking until we go to see if I could have got it cheaper :rofl .
:( Logged on this morning to book and it's gone up by £100! Oh well, back to plan A :rofl .
you should always book hotel once you have got your flight.tip is to open two tabs to check if there is room in the hotel you fancy.then pay for flight and hotel.later you leave it the more full its going to be.

travel republic was best deals on hotels for me.that was back in jan.ok i am going to ibiza.but its the same anywhere you go.choice of rooms sometimes is limited as well.you will get in to one hotel i am sure.if not its plan c and just pop in a hotel and book a room.hotels must have spare rooms free for anyone just walking in.

book your transfers at same time as well.

try picking another hotel or resort.asap
Hi there djw we booked months in advance last year but the closer it got to our departure date there were some bargains!
what on hotel deals.depends how much you want to go.and how low the price is going to be.most have set rates anyway.which hotel are you thinking of staying in anyway.july is not a cheap time to stay anywhere.some places are 50 plus euro a night.

which site you did you go on lastyear to get cheaper hotel pricers.
We like the east coast and would prefer bed and breakfast 4 star. Will let you know what we decide on ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.