General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
only way to find out- research, research research!!! As you are planning to go back to a place you know, you will already have a good idea about prices.
:D Hi! I have started booking twelve months in advance, I agree with your husband. (Having said that, I haven't always thought it would be a good idea, ) I booked to go to benidorm last august, for this august. Two adults, 1 child £900 half board, we got a free childs place, plus £100 early booking saving. Two months later price had gone up to £1,284. I am also booking for next july. this week (So that's about 14 months in advance!!!),£80 early booking saving, plus free childs place, two weeks half board 4* £1, 587. The same holiday for July this year £1,980!! BBB.
We have just booked for Greece in July 2006, saving about £1000 at least off brochure price, we have good day flights and are flying from manchester which we wanted. We have never booked so early but as it will be school hols we didnt want to lose out. karen
:D ive been researching turkey for the last few months, and the cheapest deals around are with eclipse direct for the pegasus tropical holiday villiage.it comes in at least £1000 cheaper than similar established properties.its being built at the moment so i suppose thre is a risk that it may not all be completed.also in the brochure thre are new properties in kos and corfu again a lot cheaper than they will be next year.hope this helps.ps we have booked for august 2006 back to ibiza again,but we have got good flights and a free child place.
I suppose the only risk you are taking is with the flight times, as flight schedules for charter flights will not have been set so far in advance. I would say that is a small price to pay for such good discounts!!!!!
I agree with Sue - don't book the holiday on the strength of the flight times this far in advance. Err on the side of caution and accept that they might change.
I booked my holiday to florida last july and we dont go till sept, over the last 10 months i have seen prices drop aswell as rise.
I saved quite a bit by booking early with reduced child prices.

MEL :D
I intend to book our flights when they come out for next year which will probably be about 8/9 months in advance - I think for DIY'ers the earlier you book your flights the cheaper they are - not sure how it works with a normal package holiday tho!
I booked this August's holiday last April when the brochure first came out. This way I got a free child place in the school holidays, free child places for school holidays get snapped up quite quickly.
I booked next August's holiday a few weeks ago, again to make sure of a free child place, and also to get a specific hotel which is very popular, which only has a limited number of rooms for First Choice, and First Choice are the only tour operator which offer child discount up to age 16 at this property 8)
i booked as soon as we got home from turkey last year for this ..mostly because we go in school holidays and wanted free child places . we payed just a hundred pounds more than last year for the 4 of us was only 3 last year ..ive also booked india for next year when we had returned from there in march . no children but got 3 weeks for a extra 50 pounds each ,,on last years price ,,it pays to book early if you have a favourite accomadation too before every 1 else books it
I've booked for May 2006 to the Pegasos Palace which is just opening . We got a fab deal, 3 adults 1 child all inclusive for 2 weeks cost £1800, wow we were £1287 pounds for this year for 2 adults and child half board. Seemed like a bargain to me and I think its definitely worth booking well in advance to guarantee the free child places!

Catherine x
I've booked for Salou for 2006 July. This seemed about the same price as our usual holidays but we found a hotel we like which was usually without a free child but for 2006 there was a free child going!
These are good flights and they shouldn't change as they've been the exact same flight for the last 4 years!
Hi, I booked last month for 4.5* AI hotel in Dom Rep (Punta Cana) for June next year. With free child place I got it down to £1950.00 for 4 of us for 2 weeks. Looking around the cheapest I can find now is £2800.00! I'm really pleased as because next year is "cut back" year (we are saving for a biggy the year after)we were planning a couple of weeks self catering in Spain!
The main saving is in the free child Places which tend to go quick.
Hi I booked in May for next August to go to Pineda, the hols this year are going for about £1,430 and we are paying £1000 for the same time next year for 2 ad and 1 child. I thought this was a good deal.
We booked about 2 months ago for corfu next year got both kids free big saving
Most of Direct Greece's accommodation comes with a free child place even if you only book a couple of months in advance!! But as they have some fab properties and people repeat book we would always book a year in advance to get the exact accommodation we want.
btw I booked with skytours and got a free child even though in the brosure there wasn't a free child place in the price section!!!
It seems it pays to book in advance when booking with children.

Me personally, I like to book as late as possible, but I'm very flexible to when/where I can travel.

I hate waiting even two weeks, strange how some people book up to fifteen months in advance, and enjoy the countdown.

I have been very lucky over the last few years with late bookings/flight only deals, but think that those days are dwindling, and can see the time when supplements are added to late bookings to a much greater degree.

But until then.....................................

Robby :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.