DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Booking direct
6 Posts
I've booked direct by emailing the hotel or, if they have a website then you can do so online.
does this work out much cheaper than using a agent?
Not always. It's always worth checking both and the agent can be cheaper than booking direct sometimes.
Hi all
I wanted to book direct with a hotel and they wanted a deposit. They were part of a hotel chain, so I checked with the chain direct and telephoned them directly. I booked it over the phone and didn't have to pay until the day I was leaving. They did ask me to reserve the room with a credit card if I was going to arrive after 6.00pm on the first night.
I did because I wasn't sure about what time I would arrive at the hotel.
I did arrive before 6.00pm so my card wasn't charged at all, I paid cash before I left. It saved on credit card charges.

Dawnie-Rob
I have booked direct with Barcelo Hotels taking advantage of their 75yr anniversary offer with amazing value only 408euros against £863 for twelve nights in Majorca 4 star half board. I have booked with H10 hotels for Teneriffe and again saved a lot of money. I must however say that I booked very early and am staying on dates that would not suit everyone.

Sometimes it is cheaper with agents such as Wintersunshine Holidays although the hotel chains say that you can not book cheaper other than with them and offer a guarantee, although time consuming it is worthwile checking all possibilities.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.