General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
In answer to your questions.

I tend to print off the quote given on the internet by First Choice as it is usually a couple of hundred quid cheaper and then take that tot he First Choice shop, where they always match the internet price. Remember the girls in the shop will then get her cut of the commission :wink:

Also regardless of whether you book in the shop or on-line, then yes you can pay it off bit by bit, either on-line or by going into the shop. :D You are given a reference number and you just log onto there website, type in that number and pay what you wane.

We are currently doing that with this years holiday which is now paid, and our flights to America with First Choice for next August. :D
Have to agree with Debbie on this one. Get your online quote and take it to First Choice shop, they will match plus you have the added bonus of speaking face to face with someone if you want to add any extras etc. If you book online you can only pay for your holiday online, for some reason First Choice shops will not accept payment instore for online bookings! :? If you book instore you can pay either online or with TO. You can pay in installments using both methods.
i have booked my recent holiday through FC online, i can pay in as many installments as i can aslong as you pay the amount by the due date, I have fount this much easier as im only young & cant manage my money that well so by paying when i can I have fount it much better! We rarely book holidays via travel agents but i suppose its up to you which way you want to book! but from the sounds of things TA are just as good as booking online :D
Before you go ahead and book price it with their sister company http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk

We have used these several times and all the paperwork is First Choice headed paper - so exactly the same.
Eclipse are cheaper than First Choice they are both the same company. You will find though that First Choice shop won't match Eclipse price, well they wouldn't for us but I got the girl to throw in a few freebies and it worked out just about the same as the Eclipse price in the end. Eclipse come up with really good prices, saving maybe £200 on a family holiday maybe even more depending on where and when you are going. I have done both booked online and with First Choice shop no problems with either and it is so much easier when you can pay it up.
I booked next year's holiday in a First Choice shop and they price-matched the Eclipse online price for me. The Eclipse online price was only about £20 less than the First Choice online price, but better in my pocket than their's!
I printed the Eclipse price with all the details (pre-booked seats, sea-view etc) and took the printout into the First Choice shop. The assistant ummed and ahhhed a bit and then asked her boss and she raised her eyebrows and agreed to it :D They are the same company so there's no reason why they shouldn't do it other than the shop loses their commission on that sale (or something like that). No doubt they'll try to claw back some profit from me when I go to collect my tickets next year - they'll probably offer me their currency with the rip-off "buy-back guarantee" or something... but I won't be falling for it :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.