Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I cannot comment re Borneo but as for Thailand, the districts that the FO is talking about are ones which tourists do not go to anyway. Nobody can ever say that there will be no problems in any country in the world nowadays but the tourist areas of Thailand are not included in the FO travel advisory.
:lHi,
iwas surprised to hear that trips to turtle island have been cancelled,i think that this might just be with trailfinders,and not local tour operators.
We went to turtle island,stopped there overnight in april,its a lovely island,we didnt feel uneasy there,although the beaches are patrolled by soldiers with machine guns[we didnt actually see them],and we were told not to wander around the island on our own after dark.The trip is very good,although tiring,especially if the turtles dont appear on the beach very early.We were lucky,and they came ashore about midnight,it was great to see.The huts are fairly basic,look out for the insects.
The islands off tanjung aru are
lovely,and you will definatly be able to go there,all five islands are good,although no one ever seems to go to salug,we were the only ones on the island all day,it was great,except the boat forgot about picking us up,and we had to shout and wave our towels at one of the boats picking up from the next island.ol: Tanjung aru is a really good hotel,and Borneo is such a fantastic place,so much to see and do.Penang has great resuarants and the food is excellant,but the beaches are nothing compared to Borneo,and there is not the same amount of activites.
Have fun
suzy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.