Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I have a house in brancazul. What do you want to know?
Thank you for replying. I have a 3 year old and I'm not sure just how easy the walk to the centre of Luz would be. I have been to Luz before and have a fair idea of the location. I'm not sure if you can walk along the bottom road and access the estate from there or if you have to walk up to the Burgau road and along there.

Is there anything else on the estate apart from the restaurant?

My wife doesnt want me to have a car when we are out there ( I drive all the time here and she wants me to take a break) so anything we do would be accessed by foot.

Thank you
It is a good 25min walk to Luz from Brancazul, with a 3 year old, probably more. You can walk along the cliffs and up to the estate from there. That is the 20-25min walk. Brancazul used to be called Qunta da Luz and it used to be a tourist complex. There is a small children's park and tennis courts but how used they are I don't know. If the house you are staying at doesn't have a pool then there is one at the restaurant. There is also a very good snack bar "RIO" across the road from the restaurant. There is also a laundry who will do your washing and ironing reasonably. (they are very good with Celtic tops)
Try a search on google earth for "aldeamento quinta da luz" and you will see exactly where it is.
I think that you could manage without a car but having one will help.
anything else just ask or PM
Great feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to help. We are letting one of the block of 4 apartments that do not have a pool but they are advertised as having use of the restaurant pool.

I was worried that we are maybe a bit too far away from town for the kids. We stayed at Ponta Gaivota last September and by my reconnings it's just along the road from there maybe half a mile?

Not sure if I will be taking my Celtic tops with me, I might just end up in Lisbon!!

Thanks again for your advice.
Your welcome. I would think another 5-10 mins from Ponta da Gaivota to Brancazul. There is a 100yard stretch of rough road to get past
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.