Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
My first ever visit to the Phi-Phi islands. I suppose its a cliche especially after The Beach...but they are stunning. The rest of Krabi - Phang-Nga is pretty spectacular as well, just like the brochure covers.

The temple by the lake in Mae Hong Sorn on a misty morning.

But my personal favourite hornbills flying over the rainforest canopy while we were floating down a river in Taman Negara, Malaysia.
Echoing what you have both just said - I loved the view from Victoria Peak, and also the early morning mist across the lake in Mae Hong Sorn, the scenery on the drive to Hellfire pass in Kanchanaburi was awesome too.
Hi
lots of places come to mind,but the best has to be looking down at the sunrise from the top of mount kinabalu.
The sunset was pretty spectacular as well.
Also sitting on sulug island,in Borneo,no one else on the island,looking around and thinking how lucky we were to be in such a beautiful place,the turquoice sea, white sand.... wish we were there again, still got the views from peak in hong kong to look forward to,going there in oct,on the way to queensland aus.
did you see Borneo on Planet Earth- it looks a spectacular place!
Hi Fiona,
No, i missed that, but it certainly is a fab place,we have been to many places in Asia,and Borneo is our favourite. Such a vast contrast of things to do and see, and some pretty amazing islands to relax on .
I am looking forward to reading your report on Hong kong ,when you return, this is one place we have not yet been to, also Saigon,as i am already getting ideas for next year,and looking at combining Thailand and vietnam.
Have fun
suzy :)
Thanks - I'm sure I will. I hope Hong Kong is a lot less humid than it was the first time we went!
When I went to Hong Kong at the end of april last year it was not humid at all but it did rain (drizzle) most of the time every day, what really disapointed me was that it was so foggy the day I went up to the peak I could see nothing at all.
But other than that it was an excellent trip I will definately go back again
Yes we've got the photo from the Peak viewpoint in Hong Kong sitting on our mantlepiece as well. We went in June...humid and a lot of rain. Went for seven days so managed to take in a lot of the former colony. Actually the views from Lantau islands Big Bhuddha are quite spectacular as well.

I aways find the scenery in Northern Thailand quite pleasing, the view from Wat Doi Suthep over Chaing-Mai. Theres also some great views at Doi Inthathon (sp?).

Also the views from Tiger Cave Temple shrine (if you can manage the 1200 plus steps) in Krabi where you can see across Krabi Town and over to the islands.

The views from the Baan Boran (now Anantara) over the Mekong to Laos and Burma
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.