Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
What about Turunc or Selmye - There both lovely resorts

Or maybe Cesme - Very popular with Turks
Hi Louise,

Thanks for replying.

Turunc I think would be a little too quiet for us, as we have had day trips there when in Icmeler.

I cant say I have ever heard of Selmye or Cesme. Do these places have a wide variety of restaurants with a little entertainment in the evenings?
Try Olu Deni, Kalkan, Hisaronu for first two weeks then head down to Dalyan for last two, you are then only 20 mins from airport.
We stayed in Turunc for two last year really liked the place as we were right on the beach at the end of the resort by the mountain, stayed in hotel for one week and apartment second which we found on here, then stayed in hotel in Dalyan for last two.
We loved Turunc but it was a bit to quiet for us, but found Dalyan just right, loads of nice places to eat, walks, day trips and a nice beach and so near to the airport but not on flight path.
Thanks Joan, we will go to Icmeler for 2 weeks in June, then its the October holiday we are looking to have a change.

Dalyan has my interest now, so I might go and do a little research now. Thanks for the info.
ERM what do you think your doing missus going somewhere else :rofl

Side is nice but VERY German orientated.

I hear Icmeler is quite nice though :rofl
Hmmm, not really a German fan personally Colette, so I think I will give Side a miss, but still doing my research on Dalyan :think

Nothing set in concrete yet just at the planning stage :tup
Here are also a few suggestions and maybe for future trips...

Köycegiz - Peaceful and quiet, this traditional town sits on the shore of large, placid Köycegiz Lake connected to the Mediterranean by the reedy Dalyan River. Hot springs are nearby.

Göcek - Small, pristine and charming, this is primarily a nice port of call for yachters, but you can stop and enjoy it even if you're only the captain of a Toyota.

Patara - St. Nicholas ("Santa Claus") was born here, but visitors now come for the spacious, very long, very uncrowded beach as well as the sand-covered ruins of St Nick's Roman town.

Üçagiz/Kale - Close to Kas, Üçagiz is a tiny village on a cove with a sunken Roman city and an island (Kekova) with a Byzantine one.

Finike - Once called Phoenicus, Finike is now a sleepy fishing town with a long pebble beach nearby.

Cirali / Olimpos Roman ruins scattered in a pine forest, a secluded beach, fertile fields, and the Chimaera, the world's oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame".

Also my favorite coastal beach village is Cirali located 80kms southwest of Antalya and about 1.5hrs from the antalya airport. A great little village, nice clean beach and a mix of sand and pebbles, ruins of Olympos and the flames of "Chimaera". No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Just nice family own hotels and pansiyons. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers.

the beach at Cirali...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/1329830553/in/set-72157602793492234/

or..Kaya Koyu. Translated literally, this means 'rock village', which is quite apt as the crumbling cottages are now blending back into the hillside. Kaya Koyu is a memorial to the, at times, uneasy relationship between the Turks and the Greeks. It was left empty when the Greeks were expelled in 1923 after the Greco-Turkish war.

but all of these above places might be a bit quiet for your liking...but worth researching..
How about Gumbet? It is fairly lively and has a nice beach, lots of restaurants and bars and plenty of day trips. It is also close to Bodrum for shopping and sightseeing.

Kedi
kedi
hi love can you tell me how far it is to gumbet/bodrum from altinkum..
Hi Turkeyconvert

Your profile is similar to that of Mrs SC and myself and having tried some of the other places mentioned in this thread (which are all good shouts) we would definitely recommend Olu Deniz.

Turunc is great but if there are only 2 of you it may be a bit too quiet.

Olu is lively enough in the evenings without being too noisy and not home to lager louts or bang bang night clubs.

It is also close to Hiaranou and Fethiye if you fancy a change of scene and Calis is also nearby (a bit cheaper than Olu and another good place to enjoy a beer and watch the sun go down before enjoying a nice meal and a few drinks)

We visted Dalyan for a day from Olu and whilst I quite fancied a week there Mrs Sc thought it was a bit too quiet and not enough shops :D
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply.

I am having a look at Dalyan and Olu Deniz, as reading a few resort reviews I think these are the 2 that might be what we are looking for. We might end up still going to Icmeler on the 2 holidays, as its hard to change your habits, but its nice to have some knowledge of other resorts.
anthony.higgins, Bodrum is about 1 hour away from Altinkum by car.
kedi

thanks for the thread 1 hour thats ok

tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.