Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
28th October the same as in England and other countries.
What time does it kick in at Turkey, my return flight is a night one which lands in UK at 04.50 on 29th....... don't want to be an hour late!

I'm sure they do it at midnight, rather than our 2.00am in the UK.
The time it lands in the UK will be the correct time in the UK - it will also depart at the correct time from Turkey according to your ticket. The airlines always work to whatever time it will be in each country, sometimes it gets confusing when it's clock changing time.
Departure and arrival times are always shown as local time on airline tickets.
Lol, that's what I meant but put in so much more of a concise and understandable manner. :D
so.... imagine you are me, out and about in Turkey, expecting to come back to hotel to pick up bags at 1.00am to wait for coach.... if the clocks go forward at 12 midnight, then it will be 23.59... then 01.00.....

if they go forward at 1.00am, it will be 00.59 then 02.00....

now do you see what I'm on about? if i'm out when the clocks go forward, i will miss the pick-up!
Oh I see what you are getting at now.

Erm, I think you will have to wait until you get there and ask around about how they do it.
Am i going mad but don't the clocks go back not forward?
al321 is correct, spring forward fall back that's how i always remember it.
Perfume I have been pricing the Hemera from Manchester in November but the flight times are terrible,arriving 3am on your first night and leaving at 1am on your last,meaning only 5 full nights at the hotel.Is the times from Newcastle the same?Jay.
I was in Marmaris for the clocks going back last year and will be there again this year!

wgipk.
Flight times... NCL depart 18.55 - arrive 1.00am
Depart - arrive back in Newcastle 04.50

So we lose a night out.... but still have the sunshine.

As I've been before, we will drop the bags in the room and head for the lobby bar for a nightcap!

We will pay to keep our room, so we won't leave the hotel until about midnight... so 7 dinner.... and bar until we go.....

Not great, but not much i can do! I've paid my money..... so will just enjoy.
Jay

My Travel have a flight from Manachester - 25 November
08.25 out and 19.15 arrive back.

Air flights direct have the flight for a good price, so maybe book the hotel and transfer separately.... go and dig on Airtours. or look on a flight search engine like Travel jungle, so see who else flies.... I would do it but I have to do some work.

Best of luck.
Thank Perfume for advice.I will probably wait a couple of weeks before I decide as my daughter lives near Gatwick so we can also go from here.It also saves on car parking.I dont mind a night flight back if it is not on the morning of the 7th night.Maybe I have read the Thomas Cook times from Manchester wrong but My husband wont entertain the idea of only having 5 full nights at the hotel.Jay
but just think perfume u have an extra hour in Turkey so enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.