Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
We always use the Rose and Crown, cant really explain where it is located. The owner is Spanish but his wife is English and there are loads of British people in there all the time, they have a quiz on every night as well.
Cool I like Quiz I'll go definetly, I know a bar in Cambrils where they do quiz on mondays :)
Yer, they didnt have it on when we went there last week because it was extremely quiet in all the bars and there wasn't many people out, but once they have enough people they do a quiz at 9pm, followed by bingo and then a quiz to win shots.
I've checked address if I'm right is next to Michelangelo Hotel (Best Hotels) and next to la hiedra a bar with lots of plants outside on a small square...

I'll pass in front one of this days to check if I'm right :)
Hi Spanish :)
Hope this thread isn't too old. We go to Salou quite a lot now, the marido & me, & Jimmy's Bar in C/ Priorat is good. Doesn't open through the daytime though so make it an evening visit if you don't already know about it. Jimmy's English & Antonia's Spanish. It gets a fair bit of local custom as well as tourists, & out of season if you want to watch the Brazilian bar & hotel staff dancing there at their regular get-together there's nothing to beat it. We were there in January & it was better by far than the entertainment any of the hotels put on & charge for.
We'd be interested in hearing your recommendations for local bars. We've found one or two we like but we could do with help. Our Spanish isn't great yet ( & it's Castelano rather than Catala so far ) but we're keen to learn & inflict our attempts on the poor people every chance we get. We usually have a giggle at the end of every day remembering the mess I've made of trying to say something or other. But we persevere. Un dia, dominaremous idiom.
Places to eat would be good too, if you've any suggestions. We like to eat the local food.
Hope you can help, even if this is turning the topic on it's head a bit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.