France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi there,

I lived in Paris for a while, and know a few places where your son could visit....I am in my twneties, but believe these venues would cater for an older generation also.

The Red Light District actually has one of the best areas for nightlife. There are numerous bars...all pretty good. The club 'La Locomotive' is right next door to the Moulin Rouge, and has quite a diverse range of people, french, tourists etc. It makes a good night. If he is going out in the Red Light District, I would not recommend a club called Pigalle Foleys - this is renound to be a bit mad and a few tourists have had some trouble there.

If you are walking down the champs d'elysees - away from the Arc D'Triomphe - from about quarter of the way down - there are a number of good bars down side streets to the left. There are Scottish Bars, Irish Bars...themed bars...all very good, and not too badly priced. You mainly get tourists, british students etc at these bars, also French people. Tell him he will see the bars if he looks down the streets! In that area, an afterclub to avoid would be 'Queens' - directly on the champs d'elysees - unless he prefers same sex relationships! A Club called VIP is on the champs d'elysees (looks just like an entrance to a building, but he will see the queues outside) can be pretty good on Fridays and Saturdays - but this is quite elite, and if you don't look smart - you do NOT get in.

For a smart club, not quite so posh - a short taxi ride away is a club called 'Le Bain Douche'. It is very cool, dancers on the bar...fountains and fish tanks etc. Entries to clubs is about 20-30 Euros and do not expect the drinks to be cheap either!

I lived in an area called St. Germain En Laye - if he is going to be around this area (outskirts of Paris) let me know, there are a few good pubs..although no clubs.

I hope this gives a little help!!

Keira
I agree with the comments on LA LOCOMOTIVE!
Absolutely brilliant club!!
I used to live in France and visited frequently!!
Have a great time!! Bisous!! :yipee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.