Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
British Jet
7 Posts
Flying with them tomorrow from EMA

I read they only have 1 plane (fairly modern / big) - leased and operated by Hello ( German or Swiss?)

Owned by Robbie Borg ( see Palm Court )
Just returned

as far as British Jet concerned
On time, comforty leather seats, slightly more than average leg room

longer plane (MD90) than the more usual charter 737 / Airbus type - engines at very rear, so better to get seats near the front

Swiss pilot, maltesse cabin crew

Cheap beer on board compared with usual charters

No newspapers offered ( implied fee in some of the adverts I saw)

IMHO meals below average standard of airline food - althoughh no extra charge for meals

No TV / Movies ( although I have a portable player anyway)

Great flight times from all regional airports ( notice nmot that good from LGW though)

Overall , given the price I paid (£104 inc taxes / fees) return I certainly can't complain, and would have no hestiation of using them again, even if they were a little more expensive than other players ( they use a fluid price structure)

I believe a high % of those on the flight had booked hotel package via Maltabargains ( I had not) so guess a fair few had stayed in PC H
- reports still seem mixed
Hello there, :wave We will be flying with British Jet for the first time, can anyone tell us the seating arrangements on the plane, ie: can 3 people sit together ?
Any infomation will be appreciated, thanks

Maltable x
British Jet operate a McDonnell Douglas MD-90-30, registration HB-JIB. This aircraft is configired 3-2. for more information, visit British Jet.

Have a great time,

Darren
Maybe some of our Malta regulars can confirm? Have heard a rumour or two that British Jet may be on the way out due to Holiday companies utilising Air Malta. Anyone got any further information?

Nivsy
Also heard, and read, that from next year Malta Bargains will be using Air Malta instead of "BritishJet".

BritishJet is a little strange in the way that it isn't a "real" airline in the traditional sense. MaltaBargains are a tour operator who chartered Hello Airlines to operate their flights. For whatever reason they decided to market these flights as "BritishJet" and as such Hello Airlines painted their aircraft in that scheme.

It now seems that the contract has ended, and MaltaBargains have gone with Air Malta instead. I assume its a simple case of business, Air Malta offered to do it cheaper, or Hello didn't want to renew, who knows...

So the "BritishJet" Hello aircraft will go back to Hello to do some other flying (they also operate for Iceland Express and others), and Air Malta fly the Malta Bargains programme.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.