Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
unlikely.. bt vision is primarily an internet service needing a min 8gb connection, it will be blocked to ip addresses outside the uk, and if shown on sky it is likely that it will be on one of the satellites which only cover the uk on low power making it almost impossible to pick up, [or very expensive in that a 4 mt dish would be required], as yet i have not heard if any foreign stations will be licensed to carry BT sport
Some slightly better news, BT sport is being broadcast from Eutelsat 28a [on a narrow band] this has a slightly wider footprint than the expected Astra 2 satellite and with the correct equipment will be available to most of Spain, it is also being relayed on other European satellites which cover this area better, only hitch it may not be available in English..
well if that the case thats were radio5live comes in.like before spanish tv and uk radio broadcasts.anyone with it skills and tv will sort it out.they always do get round it somehow.
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
unlikely.. bt vision is primarily an internet service needing a min 8gb connection, it will be blocked to ip addresses outside the uk, and if shown on sky it is likely that it will be on one of the satellites which only cover the uk on low power making it almost impossible to pick up, [or very expensive in that a 4 mt dish would be required], as yet i have not heard if any foreign stations will be licensed to carry BT sport

Just to report back that every second bar in benidorm has BT sport
did you read my later responce.....
If it is football you are worried about then worry not. I just got back and the games that are on BT are also on Al-Jazeera sport, which loads of bars now have because they have the rights to every game. Al-Jazeera seem to have spent big money and poached Richard Keys and Andy Gray from Sky. It's all in English and the curious arab targetted adverts at half time are even quite entertaining!
They didn't need to poach them from Sky! They were sacked and it was always going to be highly unlikely that any other mainstream broadcaster aimed at the UK market was going to risk employing them after the 'banter' that got them sacked. Al Jazeera just needed to offer them a job - they probably didn't have to offer them all that much at all!

SM
I'm pretty sure the mega rich Arabs will be paying close to the seven figure salaries they got at Sky ;)
Gray was sacked , and Keys resigned , and they both worked for Talksport after leaving Sky , they even won a radio award !! Must have kept a close check on their mics .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.