Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Sally - have you checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor? There have been 3 this year and none have mentioned the building work so hopefully its not an issue. It's a lovely hotel and it would be a shame if you felt the need to change now. Perhaps Kath can help you as she knows that part of Paphos well. Let us know how you get with your TO.
Hi,
I have looked on trip advisor but noone has mentioned the building work as yet.
Im just hoping that someone has been to the hotel or has seen it recently and can advise.
Thanks for you help though.
Sally
Try posting this question on:

http://www.cyprusliving.org

There are alot of local (to Cyprus) people there who are very helpful.
Hi doddsta

I was passed there in December and the building work appeared to be near enough finished.

It seemed as though it was more cosmetic work to get done. There was certainly no way it would

have interfered too much with the patrons of the Cypria Bay by the looks of things :D

Hope this helps you :)

Helenxx
Sally there was some information posted about this a few weeks ago, with some photographs HERE

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath for those pics really helped not changinh hotels feel happier having seen these.
Thanks again :D
Sally
Hi Sally.
This arose last year for us when we booked this Hotel for August and at that time most of the construction works was being carried out and i can assure you that we were not affected one bit and to prove it we are returning this August.

Looking at the photos it looks almost complete so im sure it will not affect your holiday, in fact i can guarantee youll love it as it really is a superb hotel.
Enjoy.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Thanks for that it's reassuring to read that you had a good time and was not affected.
Can i ask were you pleased with the all inclusive facilities at the hotel i.e the food and entertainment? With never visting this hotel before we are alittle in the dark and any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Sally
Hi Sally.
The hotel is spotlessly clean in all areas, including the rooms.
The food is excellent, with plenty of hot and cold meals to choose from.

Sadly the entertainment was not up to much as it is mostly performed by people working for the tour operators.
They did try to organise games during the day, but most seem to decline this, probably cos of the 40 c temps.

This we have found in other all inclusive hotels we have stayed in and is probably due to keeping the costs down, dont be put off by this though as im sure youll find pleanty to do at night.

There is an indoor gym, which is supervised which was excellent + an indoor pool which we never see used.

The outside pool area has a swim up bar and jacuzzi but does get busy.

There are plenty of sunbeds and a well kept grass area + a covered eating area used at lunchtimes.

Hope that helps, if you need to know anymore please dont hesitiate to ask.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the mail. It all sounds really nice and truly cant wait to be there. :lol: It's very reassuring to read reviews from people who have actually been there puts your mind at ease too.

As there is quite a few of us in our party im not concerned with the entertainment as im sure we will make our own entertainment.

So thanks again
Sally
We have added three more photos taken last week of the new (Aquamare) Hotel which is due for completion July 2006.

http://www.sirenasunrise.com

HTH
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.