Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,
We are staying at the hotel from the 24th May for two weeks. we are getting married whilst out there so haing neer stayed at the hotel before i too have been trying to find info out.
We had heard there is some building work going on but if you look at my previous topic relating to Building work at riu cypria bay there is nothing whats so eer to worry about. The only thing that does seem to often crop up is the entertainment at the hotel is not always great. But we werent in the slightest bit bothered a holiday is what you make it yourseles.
:lol: I will post a review when we return hope it will help.
Sally
Hi there,
thanks for the info, it is also our wedding/honeymoon hotel, we are going next may when we marry out there, so we wanted something that would be really nice that is why I am after peoples reviews on this hotel.
It does sound nice and generally the opinions have been pretty good, as we are paying quite alot of money to stay for two weeks all inclusive you expect it to be a good hotel.
many thanks furball.
Hi.
i did a review ander the heading Cypria bay building works.
If you need anymore info let me know and i will try to help.

Peter
:D hi,we have just come back from here after a fortnights stay.The hotel is great ,food good and the rooms are lovely,clean and comfortable. They have a nice touch of doing towel decorations and little verses left on the bed with a sweet.We even had bottled water free which we've never had at an AI before.The area around the pool is large and plenty of beds.We saw two weddings and every one seemed to enjoy themselves.The hotel is a good way from Paphos but there is a bus for 70/80 cents each way.They did not run at night though.Maybe this was winter service.Nice walk along the front to the habour, if you are fit because it takes about 40 mins or more.If you like a laugh go on the yellow fun bus ,it's not like any trip i've ever been on but sooooo much fun.Word of warning don't go if you don't like heights cos it goes up the mountain !!!!!!!!We had agreat time at the hotel,entertainment was no worse or better than most hotels.We found Cyprus to be very expensive and where glad we where AI.If you have any questions I will be happy to help , regards :lol: Genine :lol: :lol:
Hi Sally,

Are you having a drinks reception at the hotel for your wedding? We are booked in for July for our wedding and are doing so. It would be nice to hear about the quality of drinks/canapes etc.

From Bren.
Hi Bren

Once Sally has responded can you continue any wedding related conversation in this topic HERE please.

We are trying to keep all wedding talk together. :)
Thanks.

Kath HT Admin
hi does the hotel cater for wedding receptions? etc
we arent having ours at rui but it will be our wed/honeymoon hotel
cheers furball
Hi all
Sorry its taken a while in replying i never realised getting married had so much to sort out!!!!
Anyway further to a couple of previous posts, firstly we are having a reception back at the hotel. As the hotel is now all inclusive whatever guests are attending the wedding and not staying at the hotel you have to buy a band for them for the whole day. Now we have got about 18 family and friends staying in the hotel but we have about 50 that are not so we wanted to check the costings of the bands before we got out there.The hotel came back to us with a price of £30 per person and £15 per child that enables the guests to have the all inclusive facilities up until midnight i.e food and drink. So we will be having a tabke set out in the restaurant area and doin a reception in there if we wanted a private room it was an extra cyp100 and then you had to have a buffet menu at £8 per person minimum of 50. So we opted to have a seperate table in the main restaurant who knows when we get out there and discuss it further with our wdding coordinator we may change our minds i will keep you posted though.
We did have a listing come through from the hotel re champagne for toasts etc and to be honest the it was very expensive again im hoping when we get there we can perhaps do some kind of deal with the hotel with us paying for so many guests to come in the costings can really go out the roof. :yikes
But im trying not to let it worry me as its only 3 weeks on wednesday till we fly. Im starting to get a tiny bit nervous but im really excited too and im sure all you brides to be reading this will be feeling exactly the same oneday.
As ive said before when im back i promis to put a honest review on the hotel for you all.
Thanks
Sally :lol:
Hi all,

Can anyone inform on the dress codes in the restaurant please? Can men wear smart shorts?

From Bren.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.