Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
My friend has an apartment across the road from the Lefki Tree.

He was last over in May and his comment when I asked him about this thread was that although there is building work in the area - that what he saw, and in his opinion, would not cause a nuisance to guests at the Lefki.

Or try calling them 00357 26937936

http://www.lefkitree.com.cy

Hope this helps
Ady
hi Pubdog,
thanks for your answer,it was reassuring,although things can change by September :? !
I suppose there are very few areas in Paphos not near building work :roll: .
We chose the Lefki Tree because of its easy walk to the tourist area/restaurants etc (and also the price, as this is our second holiday this year).
I am just a bit worried that if I reply accepting the building work,and then we hear,or discover when we get there that it is worse than anticipated,can we still complain?

PS the link doesn't work

Thanks again,
Dot
D'Oh! - serves me right for not checking the links

http://www.lefkitree.com/

September is a way off. I will be going again next week and will take a looksee and report back on this thread - not back til 23rd so may post from out there 8)

Ady
Hi Kath,
Does that still stand when we have been given 4 months notice???

Pubdog,
Lucky you ,going out next week 8)
It'd be great if you can have a looksee while there.
Have a great time!!!

Dot
I am not sure Dot, why not give Ros Fernihough Travel Law Solicitor a call on 01922 621114 - her assistant will be be to tell you how you stand legally.

Kath HT Admin
Pubdog,

Hope you had a great time in Cyprus.
I was just wondering if you got a look at the Lefki Tree area,we have been told it will be minimal disruption .Also we have been told to expect some road noise from the new road but are not exactly sure how close the Lefki Tree is to the road.

Cheers :glynis
Hi Dot
Sorry - meant to post sooner...
Thanks, we had a great time - as always :)
Unfortunately we didn't get to go over to Paphos this time :(
However, my friend has people going over to his place very soon and he will ask them to report back on their findings. I suspect that they won't see much as building work tends to stop during August in Cyprus, as a general rule.

It is close to the road - at least, one end of it is close to the road. It isn't a new road as such, but it is one that has recently been made wider and therefore carries more traffic. I very nearly cracked a joke about it having to be very large building works to drown the noise of the road, but my sense of humour has been misinterpreted in the past so I avoided it. That said, Would it be a nuisance? In my opinion, probably not.
Thanks Pubdog,

We have decided just to go and make the most of it ,we know there may/will be noise but the location is great for us.
We were in Paphos last November looking at property and one was practically on the "new" road.You could almost touch the transfer coaches from the balcony :( .So it can't be any worse....or can it :?
It is a budget holiday (rare to Cyprus these days )so we will just make the most of it.
Must remember to pack MP3 players to drown out the noise!

I saw on another post that you go on 20 sept ,same as us .
We might also take in the Rally...more noise!!!

Thanks again,
Hi again Dot
Thanks for that :)
My friends place is very near the new, new road that goes off the "new road" (if you get my drift) and doesn't really suffer from noise. Sure, the road is there but its never *really* busy or loud.

In my opinion, you are doing the right thing. Just go and enjoy as I am sure you will...and if you don't then you can always come back on here to tell me how wrong I was :wink:

Yes - 20th Sept for our next visit. Don't know about after that as I will be running short on hols from work - may have to be next year :cry:
:cry:
We have just returned from a two week holiday at Lefki Tree, we also received a letter from the tour operator informing us that the local rep had informed them of nearby building work. There are two blocks of apartments being built across the dual carriage way adjacent to the Lefki Tree apartments. The builders start work at 7am and finish by 3pm mondays to saturdays so there is quite a lot of noise. We decided not to change our apartments but wished we had done so. The biggest problem with these apartments is the location, next to the dual carriageway which runs along side them and the noise is horrendous, there is also a local school on one side of these apartments which opens at 7am also so there is quite a lot of noise. So if you are after a quite holiday, take some earplugs and drink plenty of alcohol and by the twelth night you might just become accustom to the noise, or you could do what we should have done and changed our apartments
I have to say that it does not matter where you end up on Cyprus you may be near building work, it is a massive ongoing problem, far worse if like me it's your home, we just cant get away from it even if like me you live in a small village, part of life here for us all, I wish I had shares in the cement works here, I would be very rich!! :roll:
We are now home from the Lefki Tree Apartments and have to agree that the apartments are subject to a lot of noise from the new main dual carriageway.
We found this more annoying than the building work of which we were informed. :(
The main problem is not the amount of traffic but the amount of highly modded cars with extremely loud exhausts and stereos.
Perhaps the powers that be should start clamping down :x .
The noise from these cars was also annoying while sitting in the restaurants in an evening.
After the first 2 nights unable to sleep much for the noise with the window open or the heat if we shut it,we opted to pay for the Airconditioning which with its gentle humming allowed us to sleep no problem for the rest of the fortnight.
We booked a maisonette which did not actually face the road so perhaps we were lucky.
However the apartments are in a great location for reaching the tourist area and due to an injury to my foot (awaiting surgery)this was very important for us.
We knew about the road noise in advance(thanks Pubdog!hope you had a great holiday too!)so once we got the aircon it did not spoil our holiday.
For what we paid (probably it was priced to reflect its position near the road)we got great value for money,our apartment was slightly dated but clean and spacious with an upstairs balcony and back patio opening out to the pool.
Dotchas
Jim,
what a great idea ,investing in Cypriot cement works.....either that or Cypriot manufacturers/suppliers of loud sports exhaust and in car entertainment systems :lol:
We went to the Limassol stage of the Cyprus rally and these cars weren't much louder than those cruising paphos at night!
Seriously it didn't spoil our holiday as we love Paphos and the surrounding area so much we thought of buying but the amount of building work going on has made us think again.

Dotchas
Unless you move inland ''a good idea??'' if it is a holiday home as prices there are lower, but not convenient for full time residency, I like to be close to shops, doctors, paying bill's etc...so I had to take this into account, I have moved already here to a smaller bungalow and to be very honest it was the best move of my life moving to Cyprus (5 years next month) we have never regretted getting out of the rat race in the UK, I highly recommended this way of life to anyone.

As to building work we are the cause, do you know how many expats like me have moved here, at least 18.000 in Pafos alone, not all residents of course many are holiday homes, but running the kind of web site I have I am always amazed just how many still wish to move here permanently, and it is a buyers market at the moment with thousands of unsold properties, they will never be cheaper for sure....

go see my web site.(for movers and buyers here)
Hi. We're off to lefki tree apts in sept 07, is the noise still a major nuisance. We are fairly easy going people and are not too fussed about a little noise.

Johnny.
On 27th June 2006 at 06:06pm, dotchas said:
Hi
We have just been notified by our Tour Op of building work in the area of the Lefki Tree apartments where we are due to stay in September. :( :(
Does anyone know the area or the work?
Its a while till September so things could change by then ,I am unsure what to do.
I have read that if I still want to go I should write saying that I reserve the right to complain in resort.
The other options we considered are no longer available so we would have to pay more to change and it was a budget break.(we are just back from holiday no 1 in Algarve 8) but we need a Cyprus fix!!!)
Any advice will be appreciated,
Dot
if the building work is a concern for you, it may be worth contacting the Tour Op or the Lefki Tree apartments directly to ask for more information about the nature and duration of the work.
If you decide to still go on your planned holiday, you may want to consider writing to the Tour Op to express your concerns and reserve the right to complain in resort if the building work affects your enjoyment of the holiday. It is also a good idea to keep a record of any issues you encounter during your stay, including any disruptions caused by the building work.
Alternatively, if you are unable to find a suitable solution with the Tour Op or the Lefki Tree apartments, you may want to consider looking into other accommodation options in the area or postponing your trip until the building work has been completed. rest hire movers here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.