Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Paddy#6

Welcome to the board!

Unfortunately, the authorities 'make the right noises' every year about all building work being prohibited at the start of the season, but those noises never seem to materialise into reality - probably as there's too much money involved in the ongoing resort 'development' process.

Baldur
many thanks for the quick reply!

I hear that the hotel/resort is really lovely and would hate for the experience/atmosphere to be ruined by the sounds of hammers and drills! :D

any info is much appreciated...
Hi Paddy
The two hotels directly behind the Chaika Beach have been demolished to create the Chaika park and towers. Balkan have guests booked into this new complex as from now BUT the building is not complete. Those guests have no idea where they are staying. A great amount of building work has been going on in Sunny Beach for the past few years but if you get rooms at the front of the hotel (sea view), you should not be affected too much.
the chaika beach is part of the victoria group , you could be moved to the victoria residence or victoria palace they possiably have a few more hotels you could be moved too ,or try and find a list of hotel your tour operator uses and you may be placed in 1 of theres , either way im sure you will enjoy your stay where ever you are placed
Hi Paddy
We are also travelling to the Chaika Park and Towers on Monday 16th. I have just spoken to Balkan Holidays who say the building work will be finished tomorrow (Friday) and the official opening is on Sunday. We will probably be the first holiday makers to stay there. Balkan assured me that if there were any problems we would be allocated another hotel.
:sun2 :sun2
Well we got back from Sunny Beach on Friday. When we got there the Chaika Towers wern't finished so we ended up on the seventh floor of the Chaika Beach hotel. We were given a room at the back so we ended up watching the work men working on the hotel we should have been staying in.
We enjoyed our holiday but i don't think we will be going back, i think when you have walked up and down the promonade dodging the numerous people trying to get you into their bars and restaurants for 11 days, it's time to come home for a rest lol.
We were without hot water for at least 5 nights out of the 11 at the hotel and didn't get much response from the management when this was pointed out to them.
The rooms were quite nice and the beds were huge, we even thought of taking in lodgers, they were that big lol.
I would definately recommend the Lazy Day boat trip from Nesebar, it was great, we got to do some fishing, swimming and even a water fight with another boat. The crew were very helpful and the food was good.
Oh well, time to get the brochures out to see where we can go next year :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.