Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Bulgaria joined the EU in 2007 and as such are expected to adopt the euro in 2009/2010.

Wonder if the travel agent is right then ?

Kath x
I would suggest a date of 2015 for adoption of the Euro (if at all) could be optimistic because Bulgaria is just not getting its act together. The current situation has deteriorated since THIS was written. I join Bulgarienfan in :rofl

I really wonder what travel agents are playing at, they should be giving proper advice. I suspect they are wanting to sell Euros.

Peter
Thanks for that Peter.

I have a firend who works for TC Foreign Exchange, it will be interesting to hear what she has to say lol.

Kath x
The first of the new members with the euro was Slovenia (since 2007), the next one - I believe - is Slovakia. The other ones: years later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovakia
Bulgaria hasn't even joined the ERMII mechanism yet, and has to operate satisfactorily under that exchange rate mechanism for two years before being permitted to adopt the Euro as its national currency.

As Peter & Bulgarianfan have said, there's no chance of the Euro being used for many years - the last target which I read, in a speech by the Bulgarian Finance Minister, was a fairly wide one of 2010 to 2016, so don't hold your breath. ;)
Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.