EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
bulgaria
13 Posts
For those contemplating the leap, all might not be well in the Bulgarian tourist industry -

See HERE

and HERE.

It's well worth keeping an eye on the Bulgarian press. HERE's another story.

As the consequences of EU entry bite home, inevitably prices will rise in the resorts, and I don't mean property prices! How popular will Bulgaria be then as a holiday destination?

Peter
I was wondering if their were any work oppertunities in the Varna area of Bulgaria ?.

I have been involved in the production & the repair of double glazing for the past 20 yrs.

cheers DOA
You might not like Bulgarian wages, see HERE!

Peter
the bulgarian wages are low but as you all know so is cost of living i live and work in bulgariaon there wages no problem and lead more social live then did in uk
amanda
Hi

I wonder if anybody could give me advice or opinions on this below?

Have any other owners of property recieved this from your developer?

Dear proprietors,

We would like to inform you that according to amendments of the Energy Efficiency Law, all apartments of a particular energy efficiency class will be exempted from building tax for the respective periods:

energy efficiency class "A" - 10 years
energy efficiency class "B" - 5 years

The above mentioned tax alleviations will be valid if they are declared to the tax authorities till the end of this year. A Certificate from Ministry of Energy should be issued to identify the energy efficiency class and respective declarations and documents should be submitted to the tax authorities.
The cost for issuing the Certificate, preparing all necessary documents and submitting them to the tax administration is 2, 40 euro/m2. This amount includes VAT and all state charges.
Minimum period for preparing the documents is one month.
If you are interested to be exempted from paying building tax, please confirm in seven days term and we will be able to take the necessary actions.
Payment of the above mentioned expenses should be done not later than 01.12.2007 to the following bank account:

Thanks
Liz
:wave:
hi im new to this site so hello everyone. maybe you can help me with a problem im having? i just purchased an apartment in sunnybeach and as we missed the holiday season it mostly friends or family that are using it. my problem is that i recieved a email from the managment company asking for €300 for a once off payment for the electricity company EVN for " subscribe and contribution towards network services" i found it strange that i had to pay this into the managments bank account so i rang EVN and was told they dont normally charge this. i emailed the managment company asking for more details but havent recieved a reply as of yet and when i ring no one can answer my questions. has anyone had to pay this fee when they bought their appartment??
my apartment was built 3 years ago and was a resale which we bought 2 monts ago so if anyone can help me i would be greatfull

:tup thanks
we have 2 apartments in Sunny Beach ad we were not asked for this kind of money for the electric company
hi suemackey,
:wave: thanks for your reply. im beginning to think my managment company may be trying to rip me off!!
i still cant get an answer from them despite sending emails. but until i get a proper explanation they are not getting any money.

thanks again for your reply.

tina.
Hello everybody.
I'm going to Bourgas on Sunday to open a Euro account in a Bulgarian bank where I would be able to transfer money from UK. I need it to pay for the property I'm buying.
Could you recommend a good bank where they don't charge on receiving or cashing the funds?
Help please.
:que
:wave: hi

im with investbank and they do charge for all transactions. like you i had to transfare money to the seller of my property and it cost me €60 to send €36,000.
bourgas has plenty of banks so if you have time its worth checking a few out.
i deal with capital financial partners in the "tria" center in bourgas who deal with all the major banks so heres their number if you want to ring and see if they may be able to help you. 0035956870892. if you can i would advise you to set up ebanking as its really handy to keep an eye on your account from home.

good luck on sunday :tup
Thank you Tina.
I guess I have to do a little research to see where it's cheaper.
Thank you anyway.
Kind regards.
Hi Tina Reilly,
I have received the same request for money as you have and cannot get a reply from the company either.
Please post on here if you get anywhere, and I will do the same.

Simon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.