Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Yes you can buy a bulgarian sim card,, works out much cheaper!

They are more easy to get hold off in varna, bourgas etc... where are you staying?
hey namid,

we bought a virgin pay as you talk sim card before we went and the reception was great.

35p to txt, think it was something like 95p a min to phone home but use the call booths they are alot cheaper.

:D
Hi Namid,

Yes, that's what I do - bought an M-Tel SIM for around 20 Leva, inc. call credits, which I swap for my O2 SIM, and top up as required when in Bugaria.
Thanks to you all. I am staying with friends in Sunny Beach. Going next saturday. Not expecting good weather or anything. Going with an open mind and low expectations so that it will probably be the best holiday.

Buying a SIM card no matter where you go is the only thing to do and text back the number to the people who matter anyone else well they can wait till you get home.

Thnaks to you all. I presume I can buy the SIM card in Sunny Beach.
I presume I can buy the SIM card in Sunny Beach.

That's where I bought mine last year.
HI Namid

definately by a sim card when your out there we did not bother this year had forgotten to take it with me and just used the mobile for a few calls home ,have just recieved the bill and about 3 calls lasting 11 mins in total cost, £ 27.00 just for the 11 mins
Hi
They are changing the rip off charges for roaming, in fact just this evening something was on the news that they were being forced to cut their prices,
best thing is to buy a local card, but be careful your mobile lets you use it, some have to be unlocked from your network. best thing is to reach it to someone in the phone shop and ask them to try it first.
O2 can at times be a curse trying to send sms home, it never works half time.
best thing is use an internet or phone shop the calls hare are cheaper and you can see what you are paying as you speak
Hi Namid if you are going to go down the route of changing sims try and get a hold of a Nokia phone before you go you can unlock them yourself to take any card if stuck pm me for details of website to do this :!:
Hi Namid. I know that this isn't what you were asking, but thought it worth mentioning. I am with O2 and I can text for free from anywhere in the world with them. I get 500 free texts each month with O2 and if I text abroad it uses up three from my allowance. So not free as such, but I still stay in my allowance. I had no idea about this until after a trip to Rome when I expected a large phone bill on my return, so could be worth checking with O2 if you get anything like this in your tariff.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.