Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Bull fighting
5 Posts
hi Fergal

Never been to a bullfight but have seen it live on Spanish t.v.Not something i would recommend unless you like to see lots of blood and cruelty to animals,it's not what you could call a fair contest.I certainly wouldn't want my grandchildren to see it.

Regards

Sharpy
I believe the bullring is somewhere near to the aquapark on the main dual carriageway road that goes to Fuengirola.
Hi Fergal
This is a very sensitive subject :oops:
Yes, I have been to 2 bullfights.
The first time I went, I was taken by some Spanish friends, and I was completely "taken over" by the noise and atmosphere...I actually was sooo nosey looking around, that I did`nt actually take that much notice of what was going off in the bullring.
I left feeling nothing, only having had a good day out with my friends and their family.

The second time I went, I wanted to walk out, I felt trapped sat in rows and thought I would insult the hospitality of my Spanish friends, had I left, and I had to sit there with my eyes closed, thankfully I wore dark sunglasses, I just wished I had, had some ear plugs. :twisted:
I saw bullfighting for what it really is......
I don`t care whether it is the Spanish national sport, whether it is classed as art, entertainment, skill or whatever....to me it is blatant animal cruelty :twisted:
The pill would be easier to swallow, if the playing field was level, but it is not. :twisted:
The bulls are bred from a special Iberian breed, they are colourblind and have drugs pumped into them....and bullfighting is all about money, it is a massive industry, from matadors to farmers....and don`t let us forget the cruelty to horses, who are rode within inches of the bulls horns, and I saw the whites of the horses eyes nearly popping out, horses biting at the bit, frothing at the mouth, trying to dance whilst keeping their eyeballs on the horns.
I`m sorry to say, that inquisitive tourists help to keep the industry viable.
I love Spain, but bullfighting and Spains record on animal cruelty, is something that I personally cannot stomach....sorry. :oops:
The bullring is up across the carretera, near the Auditorium and where the San Miguel fair is held each year...where it says Recinto Ferial on the map ( top right)
http://www.costadelsolportal.com/destinations/html/map_of_torremolinos.html
This is a short video I posted last year in the computer forum.
http://media.putfile.com/La-Feria
This is just my personal view, but there is no way on God`s earth will I ever go to a bullfight again. :twisted:

besos xxx
sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2006-01-23 22:48:08
Well said Sanji exactly as it is. Sometimes the horses are gored and towed off with their intestines spilling out. No way is it sport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.