Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Your question is not clear on whether you want a bus from the airport or Alicante city to Torrevieja.

Unless things have changed recently there is no direct bus service from the airport to Torrevieja, you have to get one bus to the main bus terminal in Alicante and then another for the remaining journey to Torrevieja (which is in the opposite direction).

From people that I know who have made the journey I am told that the first bus from the airport to Alicante, which leaves from the stop marked C6 outside arrivals, does not actually go directly to the main Alicante terminus as there is a one-way system in operation in the city. You will have to ask the driver to let you off near to the terminus and then walk a bit.

At Alicante you can then pick up the Torrevieja bus. You will have to pay at the office first (about €4 per person) and then you will have about a one hour ride to Torrevieja.

According to the Costa Azul website, the last bus leaves Alicante for Torrevieja at 9pm most days and there is only one every 2 hours.

My advice?......Get a taxi.
Thats quite good value. I'll be travelling from Alicante city as opposed to the airport. I would consider taking a taxi, however, I'm lead to believe its roughly 55 euros, I'll be travelling alone so a 55 euro taxi trip is quite steep compared to a 4 euro bus journey...!

Many thanks for your help! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.