Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Mistie ... I wouldn't like to upset any Torrevieja lovers, but I personally don't think it's a worthwhile or typical day trip destination from Benidorm. But if you do go, I think you would have to change at Alicante.

Day trip destinations with direct transport links from Benidorm include Alicante, Valencia, Altea, Albir, Calpe, Denia and Guadalest.

David :wave
What would Alicante be like.
Is there much to see and do.
Where is the train station please.
We are staying near the indooe market.
Cheers
Mistie
Hi Mistie ... we probably have a few threads about Alicante, but this one will give you some info .... click here.

The train journey is quite interesting and scenic, but staying near the indoor market, you are not very convenient for the station. You would need to take a bus or taxi to the station. Likewise in Alicante, the train station is a little bit of a walk (or ride) out of the main city centre.

You may find the bus more convenient, you can catch that on Avenida Europa at Calle Gerona, and it takes you into Alicante city centre.

(I will edit the title of this topic to attract more attention)

David :wave
Alicante is well worth a Day Visit. There is a pretty harbour where you can sit and watch the world go buy over some Sangria. Plenty of shops to explore. There is also a sort of Castle place up on a hill overlooking the town. Its a bit of as long steep walk up, so not really recommended if you have trouble walking or maybe a heart condition.

At the end of the Harbour there is a terminal where all the immigrants arrive and depart. I mention this because it does not look like the place it actually is. We went exploring and found ourselves inside this place which, well what can I can, well it was a real eye opener, but it felt like we had stepped into the middle of Hell. It was dirty, dingy and very smelly, and it did not feel at all safe, so make sure you don't make the same mistake my family and I did.

But I would certainly recommend a Day Trip to Alicante. You can do this for *free* if you book a Green Tour Blanket Trip, but your time will be limited there to a couple of hours which is not really long enough to see everything of interest and certainly not enough time to explore all the shops. Best thing would be to make your own way via Train or maybe hire a car?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.