Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Buses and Taxis
15 Posts
They're fairly reliable and used to be once an hour on this coast but i think they may be more frequent peak season. Your receptionist or holiday rep should be able to advise on timetable/cost, or you can get this information from the booth in Lindos Main Square.
Both resorts are only 5 minutes either side of Lindos so you'll find taxis to be fairly cheap and probably more convenient.
Okay, thanks a lot again for that. :D :wink:

FD
Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes from ixia to faliraki. We would like to spend a day there if possible! If not could we get one from rhodes town?

Thanks for your help!
I don't think there's a direct service from Ixia to Faliraki but there's a regular service to the town and from there buses and taxis are plentiful to Faliraki. Have a good holiday.
Anne is right, you'd have to go into Rhodes Town and change buses as the east coast and west coast buses are run by two seperate companies.
Ask reception or your rep how much it would cost in a taxi - if there's a few of you it would be easier and might be cheaper than you think.
Is there any particular reason you want to see Faliraki? There are many better places on the island.
We really just want to go for a look around and for a nice beach. Ive heard that the beach in Ixia isnt too great but if you know any other areas nearer to ixia that have a nice beach please let us know!
Kamiros has a great beach (the best on the west coast in my opinion). It's not that well known so it's always reasonably quiet. There's a restaurant just above the beach, the ancient ruins up the hill and you can get a bus direct from the main road in Ixia.
Lindos has a couple of very nice beaches and you have the option of going by boat from Rhodes Town if you don't want to catch another bus.
Faliraki does have a very pleasant beach but as a resort has lost it's identity a bit over the last couple of years. They're trying to make it more family orientated but there's still alot of very basic, cheap accommodation that attracts a younger crowd. If you do visit Faliraki i'd avoid the area of the beach near Chaplin's Bar as this is at the end of Bar Street - if there are any drunken idiots that's where they'll be!!
I like the sound of Kamiros and if theres a bus straight from ixia thats great. We definately want to visit lindos anyway, can you just go and get a boat straight from rhodes town? Is it like a trip or just transport? Do you know much about the butterfly valley and wether its worth a visit?
Taxis to falaraki are cheap enough, we went numerous times. Theres a good water park there, bit on the expensive side, but its worth it just for the views out over the sea, aswell as the slides of course!!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
The Valley of the Butterflies is well worth a visit even if you aren't there at the time of the butterflies (August/September I think). It's a lovely walk up the valley and the spaghetti at the taverna is great!!
The boats to Lindos go from Mandraki harbour in the town every day, a cheaper option than booking with the rep.Have a great holiday.
Annes comments are exactly right so i don't need to add anything!
Yes, Lindos by boat is more of a trip than just transport i suppose as they cruise down the coast and often stop for a swim on the way there or back. It's not a guided trip though so once you're in Lindos you'll just be given the time to return by and left to explore. You arrive by Pallas beach and a short walk/donkey ride up hill will take you into the village or further up to the Acropolis.
Does anyone know how much taxis would be from:

* Ixia to Kameiros
* Ixia to the Butterfly Valley

Also could we catch buses for these places from Ixia or would we have to go into Rhodes?

Does anyone also know at what times the boats go to and from Lindos from Rhodes harbour and how much they are?

Thanks!
Into Town for the buses I'm afraid. The boats leave Mandraki at about 8.30 a.m. every day. HTH.Anne
You can get a bus to Kamiros from Ixia but not Valley of the Butterflies.
Both are a similar distance from Ixia and though i've not used a taxi for this journey i'd say (judging by distance) around 20 Euros.
Anne's right about the boats for Lindos, start at 8.30 though some leave a little later (9-9.15).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.