Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Alan,

It took 3 days (including a weekend) for my reading glasses from a large Varna optician last year - 2 weeks quoted for varifocals, as lenses would have to be imported - so it probably depends on the complexity of your prescription & availability of appropriate lenses.

Baldur
Hi, There is a good opticians on the main road. It is on a parade of shops below the " Avenue " hotel, which is opposite the police station.( The Hotel Diamant/Diamond) is another focal point )
You will also find a couple in the main shopping area beside the Hotel Alba.

8) The Toonman
Hi I wear varifocals and also have to get them thined down as my lense is very thick ,i go to the same option every year in G/S her name is Maria and i get mine within 24Hours .My husband and i have been going to her since 1994 she does our eyetest as well .I asked an option here just a couple of weeks ago to check my lense for me when i was in with my daughter for her specks and he told me i had the top of the range lense June :bow
Hi June

Could you do me a favour and tell me where abouts in golden sands your optician is as you seem to have the same problem as my wife and we want to get her new glasses when we are out in two weeks we are going to S/B but if we cant get them sorted out there would be worth travelling up to G/S. thanks
Sounds like a good idea
What are the prices for eye tests, single vision & vaifocals?
We are going to sunny beach on the 30thMay
Hi Turls,

If I recall correctly, the eye test was around 7 Leva, cost of glasses depends on frame quality selected and lens costs.

My single-vision glasses, with one of the most expensive frames in the shop, cost 133 Leva (including the eye test) last year.

Baldur
Hi mondeo it is just up the street on the left hand side of the Admiral Hotel.There are lots of units and if you look up you will see a clock and the unit is on the left hand side .The Admiral is in the center of the resort just at the beach . She is really good option and speaks good english Hope this is of some use to you June
We are going to Bulgaria for the first time later this month. I am hoping to buy new glasses while we are there. Does anyone know of a good optician in Nessebar or will I need to go to Sunny Beach? I would like to get varifocals.

Ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.