Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I've bought varifocal glasses in Thailand, in Krabi from SK Optik. The service was good. The frames broke after a year and I sent them back and they replaced them free of charge...year later frames broke again (design fault as far as I can see) so sent them back and a new set of frames was sent back. So good service. Don't know if they were cheaper as I bought elessor varifocals and not sure how much they are in UK.

Had some suits made in the early 90's in Phuket. They were not much cop to be honest so have not bothered with tailoring since.
Have not been to Phuket so I can't recommend any particular tailor but I had an outfit made in Bangkok last year and I was highly satisfied, I didn't choose one that offered the cheapest or quickest service. I had researched before going and found some recommendations and names of some to avoid on Trip Advisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com look on the Phuket forums and type in tailoring in the search facility and you should get some info on reputable people to use.

Judith
I had two suits and shirts made to order in Bangkok about 4 years ago. They were wool/cashmere, excellent quality and came to £90 each and he threw in 2 free cotton shirts (made to order as well) and two ties. It was called 'Versaces' on Sukhamvit road. They were excellent suits, well worth the money and were made in three days - first day went for fitting, second day went to try the initial cut third day to pick up completed suits.

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.