Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I cant say for Hisaronu, but there are some lovely jewellers in Olu.

When I was there last year I had a diamond and tanzanite pendant made, actually I fell in love with the stone and when I came by a few days later they had set it into a wonderful white gold pendant and chain, its so beautiful I am going back in a few weeks with the aim to buy the ring and earings that they also made for me.

The name of the Jewellers was Tria and it is on the right hand side as you walk from the top of the main strip down towards the beach. this one was particularly good as not only did they give me a guarantee of the value they gave me a written guarantee that if I came home and it wasnt valued at a minimum of 3 times the amount I paid for it, they would refund my money AND allow me to keep the item. They also give a guarantee for 5 years, so I paid £1200 for it and if I want to go back and get something different, or want to upgrade they will guarantee that value off whatever I want. The people there were very nice and not so pushy as some of the other jewellers. They will also make and design and altho ive tried to get something similar done here in the UK I have been unable to get anywhere near the price I paid out in Turkey.

There was another jewellers Infinity which had some beautiful items, they are down on the left hand side of the main strip approaching the beach, however, unlike Tria, their salesmen were very pushy and when i changed my mind about purchasing a ring, they made me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

So, its definitely worth having a look but do you not want the rings ahead of the wedding?

Karen x
Hi Linda,

I agree with Karen about the jewellers. obvoiusly she found one that she was satisfied with at Olu Deniz and one that she was'nt to pleased with.
I can only warn you that some of them do tend to be a bit pushy and some are over priced if you don't know what you are looking at, gold is priced by weight in Turkey so find out how much per gram it is before you start buying ( I think last i heard it was about £ 13 per gram ) so whatever you are looking at wants weighing.
I have found a jeweller in Hisaronu that I have used for years and so have all of my friends and have been highly delighted with the goods that we have bought from him, same again gaurantee's everything and does'nt rip you off, I think the name of the shop is DIATURK, his name is Erkan the shop is located about 2 or 3 shops up from the Kodak camera shop near the roundabout in Hisaronu, almost opposite to heads and tails bar, tell him that i sent you, you always get a welcome there, but you will get a special one if you mention me, :wink:

:wink: Kev :wink:
thanks guys for that.
Karen- yeah i'm going to get a cheap glod plain band to have on the day that i will use for my work, as im a nurse and dont want to wear a good diamond wedding band to work, ur pendant sounds lovely i have a idea of what i want and can probably find a picture of a similar item to take with me.
kevin- is diaturk near all the phone boxes in hisonaru? i think i have been in that shop when i was there 3 years ago looking for a set of gold earrings for my mum but i ran out of money having a great time out there that she got a bottle of gin in duty free as a pressie instead!!!
we bought our wedding rings in turkey as we got married there so wanted turkish rings too, very happy with them but we didnt get them in hisaronu. my daughter got her engagement ring there at a jewellers called oz gold, she got it for a good price and its very nice, its a family business and i think they used to live in aus so they all speak perfect english and seem very honest
you can also try Raw Diamong in olu deniz Apo the owner speaks good english and is not pushy. gold prices of course have risen but still cheaper than UK
my sisi in law has just come back with a ring,,,, 14k,,, yes £14,000 she spent,,,,,,, 2 carat and one carat either side, its bein valued now here,
hilda if shes not married has that sort of dosh and is good looking can i have her telephone number :rofl
Hi Lindz,

About 200 - 250 yards past the telephone kiosks on the right hand side, there are a few larger goldsmiths there but the one i'm on about is a smaller shop just before you get to the kodak camera shop, things have changed a lot over the last 3 years, the post office is'nt there any more, but the telephones are.
We had our wedding rings made by him years ago, we were a little dissappointed with him at first because we went in with my wifes engagement ring and he said the ring was rubbish but the diamond was great, so he said leave it in his hands and he will design something special for her, we did, and was highly delighted with the outcome, a lovely engagement ring that fits into the wedding ring, ( you would have to see it ) then later we had an eternity ring made by him that also fits together with the other 2 rings and at first glance it all looks like 1 ring with 4 diamonds. I won't say how much they cost but they did'nt break the bank, and have since been valued at 3 times what i paid for the rings, but saying that the diamond is worth quite a lot.
B.T.W. it may be best if you try to get a hold of that chap ( Erkan ) at night, as, as you probably know Hisaronu is'nt too lively during the day, and I think he tries to spend a little time with his family during the day. good hunting, and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

:wink: Kev :wink:
Just a thought, If you want a good night out and a great laugh, try the talk of the town, thurs, fri, sat, or sun, nights. it's on the corner at the side of the gold shops, about £17.00, but the meal and the first drink is free, we could'nt stop laughing all night. :rofl :rofl
bryn, its for her, 50th,, and 30 yrs of marriage,,,, she emailed me with the description, sounds lovely,,
sorry off topic
Would also say go and see Apo at Raw Diamonds he is not at all pushy, we bought something a few years ago but still call in to see him everytime we are there.
Greetings Lindz--Re Jewellers in Hisaronu , I suggest that you visit MIDAS TOUCH , they have a lovely selection of jewellery and IYHAN is the boss man's name and if you dont see anything to suit you then he will get anything made to your exact specification . His prices are good according to my wife as she has bought many items from him and found them good value . I see that you are staying at St nicholas heights well if you turn right when you leave the complex and go up the hill , turn right at the top , past Marcan and Telemessos hotels and continue down to thbottom of the hill Midas Touch is directly opposite , Right on the corner . Tell him Ian from Scotland sent you and you will be assured of a warm welcome and a COLD drink . We are off to Hisaronu again on Sept 10 . regards wee-john. :tup
We got our wedding rings in Turkey as we got married there too. They come in a little box with a red ribbon tying them together and we cut the ribbon when we got married as that is the Turkish tradition.
we used royal jewelery in Olu deniz, next door to the turkish bath in the main street, nice chap, good kit
most of the jewllers are good just shop around till you get the price you feel is right for you
i would reccommend oz gold, midas touch and erols gold also infinity :sun2
I think Kevin is talking about Ozgold.......by far the best jewellers in Hisaronu. Its probably the smallest shop but definitely the best value for money. And they will make or design anything you want.
Ive had lots of things from there and all have been valued at a much higher price here! And they will repair jewellery at a reasonable price and always clean anything you have aswell.
Oh and the best rate for money exchange here too!
Infinity in Olu is good. They have lovely Turkish coffee, aren't pushy and very nice and helpful.

We got my engagement ring there and when we asked about looking at wedding rings they told us they would make them especially for us as it is such a personal thing.

If you are going in October, you may get a good deal as they will be coming to the end of the season
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.