Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
They like our phones as they cant get them in Turkey as they are far to expensive to buy, More German and Dutch tourists etc etc in resort thats why they want Euro.
so what is everyone taking to turkey these days. was thinking about £50 in lira and about £300 in euros any thoughts on this
Personally I take no Lira whatsoever, What is the point in taking Lira, Everywhere in resort accepts Sterling for payment of anything, No point exchanging it in the Uk as you get clobbered with inferior rates or your charged a fee most of the time both. :D
rwb, I do not understand why you spend Euro's in a country that has Lira as a currency.After living here for five years I do understand how the Turkish minds work and also how the British ones work.By all means ask for a Euro menu but do ask for a Lira one at the same time.You will very quickly learn that the Euro menu when converted is much higher than a Turkish Lira menu.Enjoy your holiday.

Ian
Hi rik, Im well aware what currency to use in Turkey being a regular visitor for many years, The poster is going to Alanya where their are more non british tourists than anything else, They will use Euro's to convert to Lira simply as that is the currency they already use in there own country, That particular region of Turkey is dominated by Euro tourists.
I never stated I use Euro's.
I do know also that everthing is priced up on all three currency's Ytl, Eur, Stg, And paying for things is far less expensive if you use Stg, Example an item priced at £10 Turkish shops would charge 15 Euro or 30 Lira.
thankyou everyone that is a real eye- opener, will do a 3 way calculator now, so i can keep "her indoors" in check "tee hee"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.