Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Have stayed in these apartments twice as we booked direct with Jimmy - stayed in top floor apartment (nearest to Don Jaime Apts) the first time we stayed (2005) and the ground floor apartment on the same side the second time (2006). We were recommended them by friends who have been holidaying there for years....you won't find any reviews becos' up until this last year Jimmy has never had to advertise as the apartments were booked a year in advance by repeat guests....I think the only reason he's now advertising is becos' of the current economic climate.

Apartments are spacious, basic and VERY clean. Situated just off Na Llambies (the back road that runs between Cala Millor & Cala Bona) opposite the Don Jaime Hotel. You have balcony to front and to one of the bedrooms at the rear so you get sun all day (apart from ground floor apartment which has the nice large front terrace but that only sees the sun on a morning). You have pool use of Hotel Don Jaime and beach is a 5 minute walk away. Living room area is large with a bed settee and TV (not English), small but perfectly adequate kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms. Fans were in both bedrooms to keep you cool. No lift. Back door has key access and a buzzer entry system and you can pay for a safe.

Jimmy and his wife Antonia are absolutely lovely and will do everything they can to ensure you have a wonderful stay. I might have some pics of the exterior of the apartments which I'll try and post within the next 24 hours but I'd have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Tis
Photo's taken in 2005 of exterior of apartments

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2248/12677347/23100395/391308385.jpg

(taken standing outside Hotel Don Jaime)

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2248/12677347/23100395/391308386.jpg

(taken standing on corner of Na Llambies - you can see Ca'n Jimmy's restaurant to the left with is now run by his son Seraphin and on the far side the Don Jaime apts)
Thanks so much, I've just confirmed my booking! Now really looking forward to a few days R&R.
No problems, glad I was able to help :)

Have a fab time, I am very jealous I've been home a week and want to be back already. Would have gone back to Jimmy's this year to be honest but with the current exchange rate it was cheaper for us booking as a family of 5, to book thru' an English owner and pay in sterling.

Have a drink on your balcony for me :cheers
Will do :cheers
I was in Santa Ponsa in June but I like the east coast better. Was soooo fed up with all the flamin rain we've had I idecided to grab another week :sun2
I don't blame you. I know it's really hot out there at the mo, friends have been praying for rain :)

It was hot while we were there but there was a lovely breeze going on and a few days we had cloud cover but it was just nice as you could walk about without getting too hot but still tanned at the same time!

Wish my numbers would come up.....I want to move out there permanently

:cheers
Not sure when you are going but hope you have a great time.......I contacted Jimmy last week to ask about next summer and he's given us a good price so we've booked 2 weeks....will book my flights when Easyjet release them. Kids are mega excited as they love Jimmy & Antonia.

While you're there if you want sarnies on a lunch time, get yourself to Eileen & Pedro's (Supermercado Ca'n Pedro).....take a right out of the apartments till you get to main road and then turn left and keep walking, go past Waku Waku (on your left) and you'll have Marins Playa on your left and Marins Playa Suites on your right...right next door to the latter is Eileen & Pedro's. Pedro makes a mean freshly made sarnie in a choice of bun for €1.60 - they're also very good for your spirits in plastic bottles and Eileen has a free book exchange :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.