Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We have reviews of these apartments HERE You may find some information there.

luci :wave
Hi there
We stayed here in 2000 they were very nice. We were in the building opposite the main one. Not so high as in the main building. Our balcony was opposite the pool and stage area, so we could watch the outdoor stage form the balcony. It was good for the cabaret. from the comfort of our apartment. Great sitting there with a drink without having to go out !!! :glynis
There are good bars and eating places all around there. There was one bar, just opposite where the horse and carriages stand (can't remember the name) Good places in Cala Bona also. sorry I can't remember about the kettles, but you can get those travel kettles, that don't take much space in your case.

Regards Dawn
Won't get to these apartments till about 10pm, can anybody give me any info of any supermarkets which may be open at that time or if there are any take-aways close by :thanks
Hi there
There are quite a few places you can get a few snacks around the hotel. There is a Spar just up the main street, If you go out by the right hand side entrance (near the Pool) turn left into the side street, then turn right up th main street its about 100yds up the road. on the right hand side. road. Unfortunately I can't help you regarding the opening times.
You will find the area really flat, no hills to climb
Its funny really, when we arrived it was around 10pm and we were that shattered we went straight to bed.
By the way when we were there the hotel sold lovely ice creams. All different flavours. 8)
I thought I would mention it

Regards
Dawn :wave
How long was the journey from the airport :?:
Hi Sweet,
As we recall, it took us roughly a hour and a quarter to get from the airport to Cala Millor.

Regards
Dawn :)
:thanks for that, not too bad then, we can have a nap before we hit the bars :glynis

regards
sweet :D
Has anybody got any onfo on these apartments having access to the internet, two teenagers who are msn mad,need their daily fix of keeping in touch with friends. I know its sad when they are on their jollies,but thats kids for you :?
Hi

Has anyone got any reviews on the Atalaya Apartments in Cala Millor? We are looking to go there, we have two children aged 5 and 3 are these apartments suitable? Any advise is appreciated.

thanks

emma
After reading lots of reviews on different accomodation in Cala Bona/Millor we are finally thinking of booking the Atalaya Appts in Cala Millor, although some reviews do say that you can here noise from the Bars etc. which is worrying me.

Are some rooms quieter than others? Has anyone been that can recommend which rooms to ask for?

The only other thing that I am a bit worried about is the size of the pool, it looks really small on the picture?

The location seams great and the reviews over all are really good so I am finally getting closer to booking somewhere.

DIY...so much choice my head hurts!

Thanks. :wink:
Try emailing the protur hotels direct. Floriana looks nice, we had a wander 5 mins up the road.Lots of activities for children and adults. I have just returned from hotel Bonamar and nothing was any trouble . I emailed to ask for quiet room and seaview and got both. CBG
Thanks Calabongirl, I will request a quiet room when I book, I was just hoping for someone who might have stayed there who could give me a block etc. to ask for.

It's funny that you mention the Floriana, as I had been looking at that for a while, looks really nice on the protur web site but the more recent reviews are not so good which has put me off, also my hubby thought it was too far away from everything?

I read a review on the Floriana yesterday that's just been put on holidays uncovered (i think...have read so many different web sites!!!) and it was awful. So that's why we thought the Atalaya as the reviews are quite good. Just dosn't look so good on the protur website. I do need to get something booked soon though as I am starting to worry about it now when I should be enjoying looking forward to it.
Have you looked at the Marins Playa Apartments. A lot of Germans stay but the apartments look first class and are near to beach, harbour and shops.They are on a few direct booking agency sites and direct with marins hotel website. I did consider these but have never stayed myself.CBG
They do look really nice...I have sent an email as I can't seam to get any luck with booking the dates I want, (15 nights from the 22nd July).
The do a breakfast option too and that would be great for us, (that is what we really wanted but most places are HB or SC).

Thanks for the idea, much appreciated.
Hi there
We stayed in the Atalaya apartments in 2000. Were were a family of 6 which included my Mum who was 70 so had two apartments. There is a very tall main building and one over the road which is not so tall. We were in the one over the road, we did have noise but it was from some young lads two floors above us, and we did hear the dustbin men in the morning.
We tend now to ask for top floor,as long it is not too high rise, don't like heights!! which is further away from the noise. The apartments are not far from the beach. Where our apartments were we could watch the entertainment on the outside stage from our balcony. We did enjoy our stay. My Mum tends to be choosy, even she was impressed.

Dawnie-Rob
Thanks Dawnie-Rob,

I know what you mean about heights! I had already thought the same thing, go to the top to avoid the noise but they look far too high for me... I wouldn't go out on the balcony or let the boys go out either so that's no good (it would make me feel sick).

What did you think about the size of the swimming pools? they look really small.
hi there
Come to think of it they were a bit small. I went in the sea and it was shallow and quite warm.
Regarding the pool, I have just remembered while we were there we couldn't go in one day because there was broken glass in it.

Dawnie-Rob
Hi Olitob

The trouble with reading too many reviews is you will always get one that is negative. I don't know the Atalaya apartments personally but I do know the area and know that as far as holiday resorts go, it is certainly one of the least rowdy. I think any disturbance from bars would be minimal. Apart from the centre of Cala Millor and possibly Pago Pago in Cala Bona - the noise is minimal after midnight. Some bars will stay open later but the music stops and the bar owners have to keep the noise down because of local regulations. How quiet do you need it and between what hours do you find noise unacceptable?

I know we all have a different tolerance level for noise (and I know it makes a difference if you've children with you) but I've never had my sleep disturbed in Cala Bona or Cala Millor :P

Regards Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.