Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Calabongirl,

As no one has replied to my post re the Marins Cala Nau, I wondered wether you may have seen it at all or have you only seen the Marins Playa?

I have managed to find one review, on here funny enough but it is listed as the Playa Cala Nau (it was a good review)

Thanks
Olitob, I was hoping someone could have helped you. I have looked at my map and the Marins Cala Nau is at the furthest end of Cala Millor. I am sure the apartments are lovely BUT you would be in the predominately German end of things. Saying that one year we stayed at the hotel Sumba (only English people in hotel) and had a lovely time. Its if you want to use childrens clubs could be awkward. If you definately want Cala Bona have you looked at Ola Isabel apartments 5 mins walk to Cala Bona (mixed reviews but good prices)otherwise would Sa Coma be any good or S'illot? I have been to all resorts (Cala Bona my favourite )but good hols just the same!! Keep in touch, I've got my hotel map at he ready! CBG
Thanks Calabonagirl, I think you are right about the Cala Nau looks lovely but could end up being the only English there and I think the boys (10 & 13) would have trouble mixing and making friends. I did really have my heart set on Cala Millor or Cala Bona, I have been to Sa Coma before so fancied trying somewhere else. I will look at the Ola Isabel this afternoon (got to go out now) I think it could end up being the Atalaya but I am worried about the size of pool, most people who stay there probably don't mind as they go to the beach but our two prefer to be around the swimming pool. I have been checking daily on the protur website for availbality and it's been available and to top it all I checked yesterday and it's not available direct now, although I can book through thomson still (maybe they have taken over all Atalaya bookings like they have for the Bonaire).
Thanks for your help
Hi Olitob
Have you looked at the Bonaire, we stayed here with our two boys nad had a fantastic time. Location is great in Cala Bona, fantastic for kids and the swimming pool was wonderful, the boys loved it, they also have an all weather pitch where they played football. Sparkycat x
Hi Sparkycat,

Bonaire would have been my first choice but I can't get booked in for when we are going. The all weather pitch would have suited our boys down to the ground too normally except our youngest has broken his leg twice since last September playing football! so maybe not such a good idea...Thanks for the advise though, much appreciated.
Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever stayed at these apartments Atalaya in Cala Millor? We have just booked for August 31 next year for 11 nights. Have been to Majorca loads of times, but never to this side of the island, always to Palma Nova/Magalluf and also Santa Ponsa and Alcudia.

We love Magalluf area but fancied a change. We are not bothered about night club etc just so long as there are quizzes or a bit of entertainment singing acts etc.

What are the excursions like from here? I know the local bus service is alright for Cala Bona, Sa Coma but can you go on trips to say Valdiemosa, Puerto Soller or Andratx?

Many thanks Shirley
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.