Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Cabanas/Tavira
23 Posts
Hi Bertie,
We did not spend as much time in Tavira as we had hoped to so only had 2-3 days there. I can recommend my friend's place Belafria right opposite the bus station in Tavira. We did not have the steak but I saw a few people who had it and it looked good with no problem to cut through!!!!!!!!
We have found though that it can be a hit or miss with steak as one time it is good, next time?????????
There is another place there but I can't remember the name .....here are the directions:-
From the main Square cross over the footbidge (not the one that the cars can cross) at the end of it you will see a small archway on the left, go through it (you are now on the riverside) on the right hand side, you will see steps leading up to a restaurant (it has the yellow fork and knife sign outside). This is a nice Portuguese restaurant which has good food at great prices.
If you go to Cabanas (10mins by bus) I can recommend the steaks in Solmar restaurant ( right on the seafront main street) as we have tried them there.
Hope this helps a little ....anything else, just ask!!!!!!
Pat
Thanks Pat, will give those places a try.
Only six weeks and five days to go :glynis not that I am counting mind. 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.