Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
CABIN UPGRADE
6 Posts
You need to be patient, they'll perhaps upgrade you to a suite! Dont hold your breath, and just continue to be pleased for the other family members!!
Would not hold my breath on that :) they think it may be the cabin had adjoining doors and may have been
needed for a family :que at least we can sit on their balcony
annx
I have taken 28 cruises P&0 many years ago Cunard RCI Princess And Celebrity and other than the QM2 last year NY to the Caribbean in the run up to the cruise date I have 2 upgrades D4 inside to a D1 then later I was upgraded to C4.
There is no pecking order I have just come home from the Celebrity Solstice and a couple who were pm their first cruise EVER booked a Balcony were upgraded to the Penthouse suite.
Was I annoyed or upset just because I am an Elite CC member? Absolutely not! I got the Stateroom I had booked and paid for. I was delighted that this couple had got this wonderful upgrade The Penthouse on this cruise was £13,565! plus tax and this did not include flights it was on the web. There may be however good luck for others sailing on other on other X shops

The ship was sold out so they perhaps have upgraded others but I know that right up to sailing date this Penthouse Suite was unsold! Maybe they were overbooked. I didn't meet this couple but when they were led in to this suite they were saying "This is not our room" They were shocked but delighted and we got the story from a young US couple me met in our hotel pre cruise.

They invited them in and others to share their GOODIES that go with this.

Sometime when you check the web site. My friend who was travelling with me but in her own Balcony I noted on the web site she had an upgrade to a SKY Suite. I was delighted for her(.Not on topic but I check X Web site regularly to keep an eye on any price drops. I then have this applied to my booking. Here I have been fortunate with price drops on every X cruise and several on every cruise when I first learned that I have this applied to my booking. The only time this has not happened I with the Solstice I have just come off but my friend had a drop of £149 applied to her booking. I am watching out for any price drops on the T/A I have just booked with X and can well see that there may be something but this is the new Equinox a

As Hamrag says maybe one day the UPGRADE FAIRY will visit you

Sue
Sue, would you ask if there were any upgrades or just hope you strike lucky? We sail on the Rhapsody next week and as part of the compromise for the trip I agreed to an inside cabin; what I would be happy with would be a 'bog-standard' outside cabin.

Rosalyn
I had written a long post of what my opinion on what or what not you should do.
I have lost it but I think the best thing is for me to pm you. I will do this later as I am busy right now.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.