Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Tippi.
visited Calas Bona/Millor every year in the 90,s--- will be in Cala Millor from 2nd July--29th July---Yippee need the break!!!
I suppose some things have changed---I ve heard prices have gone up but haven,t they everywhere!!
Regards
John
I'll be there 2nd-16th - you've got an extra week. Not fair! Will be in Beachboys bar (between Cala Millor and Cala Bona) quite a lot. Probably looking stressed out with two teenage girls and a 10 year old girl, may even need a brandy and lemonade for my nerves! :lol: Karen
Hi,
Any members remember Dave and Sandra who had the Smugglers Bar in Cala Bona between 85 and 94??
Did they get another bar on the island?
Cheers
John
Hi John

Hoped I could help you but I texted my brother who lives in Cala Bona, but it was before his time. He asked around but nobody seems to know them.

Sorry :cry:
Hi Tippi,
Thanks for "looking"---yeah, it,s a while ago---I guess folks move on !!
So your brother lives in cala bona---lucky , lucky!!
Looking through the "posts" I see you,ll be over in cala bona early July---I,ll be there from the 2nd till the 29th over in cala millor.
Sure to call in the beachboys to say hello sometime!!
Thanks again for "looking" about the Smugglers!!
John
Hi Tippi,
Thanks for "looking"---yeah, it,s a while ago---I guess folks move on !!
So your brother lives in cala bona---lucky , lucky!!
Looking through the "posts" I see you,ll be over in cala bona early July---I,ll be there from the 2nd till the 29th over in cala millor.
Sure to call in the beachboys to say hello sometime!!
Thanks again for "looking" about the Smugglers!!
John
I know Dave very well, (great guy, he has worked for me for the last two years) he and Sandra left the island in approx. 2002, came back to Britain for personal reasons. I holiday regularly in Cala Bona, just been in fact, and am going back in September, you just can't beat it 8)
:fly Hi all, just got back and thanks for your ideas, janet and johns great food great wine lovely fillet steak, chiris very very busy but worth it lovely sangria and my wife loved the swordfish, cafe nautic really nice home made burgers, milanos really nice thin crusty pizzas with a peaceful romantic setting eating outside, porkys in sa coma cheep and cheerful fresh home cooked food mainly for the chips with chips brigade but very friendly brummie couple and very reasonable prices ideal for lunch as they do huge baguettes, cheers bar cala millor brilliant kev was away so steph was in charge got drunk there most evenings great atmosphere lovely sunday roast dinner, london inn didn't quite do it for me it was busy but it was full of screaming kids running around out of control, now don't get me me wrong as my kids are now grown up and i have been there taking my kids on holiday but i never let mine run round out of control like that and it's the parents not the bar owners fault, pago pago bar at the hotel sur there is a guitar duo that play there monday and wednesday evening i think they are called goran and tibho if you like eric clapton pink floyd classic rock music you will like these but get there early as both nights were very busy, the cocktail bar on the promenade walking from cala bona to cala millor can't remember the name it was tropical or something cracking cocktails i had a dimple malt whisky there and when he poured it from the bottle at my table i got at least a treble measure and when i paid the bill i was given another double measure free, caves of drach at porto cristo are an experience not to be missed, cheers tel. :fly
Hi again Tel

Thanks for your feedback on the eating out. You certainly packed a lot into your week! Know what you mean about the London Inn, felt the same way myself. I'm at the Moreyo half board, so don't need to eat out really but will definitely try Cheers Bar one night , Tisonlymoi guarantees the food there!

Karen
Hi all. We are going to Majorca in October and were hoping to stay in Sa Coma but after reading reviews about Cala Bona and the Hotel Moreyo we might give it a try. Which tour op did you book through? Thanks. :D
Hi Pargaluvva

I booked the hotel with http://www.medhotels.com but I believe Tel booked with http://www.quickrooms.com. We both booked booked before the end of April which meant we got a bit of a discount but I think you'll still get a good price. I was there in October last year and had a lovely week. The hotel is very quiet at that time though as was the resort in general although most of the bars were still open. It did mean I got extra attention though in the hotel - drinks brought out to the pool etc.

It does seem to be one of the cheapest hotels in Mallorca - and I couldn't fault it at all.
Thanks Tippi. I thought we might be able to book a package through a tour operator. I've looked at flights for October (half term) and they are quite expensive. :cry:
Hi Pargaluvva

Sorry I just assumed you already had the flights. When I stayed there last year, all the other guests (there were only about a dozen or so at that time) had booked through travel agents. I think if you ask at an independent travel agent, they may be able to get you a good deal (I know a lot of independent agents use medhotels from reading other threads). How many of you will be going?
Hi Tippi. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 kids :shock:
Hi

Basically the same as us. We are 3 adults and 3 kids (although my two are 16 and 13 and the other child is 10). I have booked three double rooms because they are older but you can have three in a room.

The only thing I worry about is the time of year. The weather can be hit and miss - last October out of 7 days I had 3 good days, 2 pleasant days and 2 days of rain but the same would apply for Sa Coma of course.

The hotel is quiet, so your children will have to make their own entertainment, my two have always liked this anyway but I know some children like the kids clubs etc.

If you don't manage to get a reasonable quote and end up in Sa Coma - I would recommend having a trip into Cala Bona and having a look at this hotel. It definitely is worth bearing in mind for another year when you can book earlier and get cheaper flights.
:fly Hi, you may get decent flight prices at one of these, http://www.ba.com http://www.travelsupermarket.com http://www.thomsonfly.com or http://www.airberlin.com hope these help, cheers Tel. :fly
Hi all,

Been to Cala Bona four times in the last three years, got back three weeks ago and, anybody who hasn't been for a year or two will hardly recognise the place. They have spent millions on the harbour, you would not believe how much it has changed, it is gorgeous, well it wasn't quite finished when we left, but I bet it is now. All of the front from the start of the harbour, is now pedestrianised, so no buses, taxis, mopeds etc. whizzing past the front of the hotels, (by the way we stayed at the Cala Bona this time) so it's a lot more peaceful, specially at night.

Has anybody else had trouble booking the Alicia? We normally stay there, as it WAS the best hotel in Cala Bona, they have had a few problems, to say the least. I will answer any bona fide questions to the best of my ability.

We are going back in September, though not to the hotel Cala Bona, and we are doing it independantly, it has saved us about £450.00, though we will have to pay for food. Looking forward to any replies, all will be answered, and you never know we just might bump into each other in Cala Bona.

Garry
Hi Garry

Whats up with the Alicia ???- going there in two weeks and have only seen positive reviews

Be glad of any info

Supermum
You will find reviews for the Alicia HERE which you can read whilst waiting for a reply from Garry.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.