Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi, I think me and the wife have (finally) settled on Cala D`or for our summer break.
When I check the agencies for an apartment they seem to be mostly 3 star.
Is there any company that has nice 4star apartments in this area. Someone like Protur or Viva or is it just an older resort?
If you want four star, I would highly recommend Sa Marina. Book direct as it is only available with a food option through Thomas Cook I believe.
We went self catering here in 2004, good size apartments, balcony access from bedroom and living room, digitally controlled air conditioning and the flexibility to hunt down the decent restaurants that are scattered throughout the resort.

Vin Rouge
I am looking to go to cala dor next year.Have read the hotel reports on this site really good info. Just abit confused about all the beaches. Hoping to stay at Azul playa apartments.Would be grateful on any reports of good and bad beaches in this area.
Thanks
Floss
:)
As you are probably aware there are 7 main beaches in Cala Dor, our favourite personally was Ferrera beach (the one the Azul Player looks over). There is a gate at the back of the appartments (past the pool).Go through that turn left....about 10 metres.....steps to the beach.....can`t get much closer than that. There is a beachy kind of shop down there and a cafe which serves ice cold san miguel :lol:
A big Thanks for all your useful tips looks like the Azul Playa Apartments are going to be our hols next year. Any useful tips about places to go (or not to go) will still be appreciated.

Thanks again
Floss

:D
we are going tp cala d'or in 4 weeks staying in la mirada so i let you know what it s like.
:) Its well worth walkoing down to the Marina one night to eat. Its very picturesque and makes a lovely change from the hustle and bustle of the mai resort centre. A little more expensive but well worth it!
Shorty 8)
can totally agree with shorty...

visit the marina its well worth it, dont be put off by how posh and expensive it looks its quite reasonable and well worth it as the food is fabulous....

Have a lovely time....

tatty x
I am going to the Azul Playa apartments too. I'm going this june, can't wait :D

Have you checked out their website?

http://www.apartamentosazulplaya.com/
I think i have made a terrible mistake i have booked a holiday to cal a dor all inclusive at the marina corfu and have just found out the town is 15 mins walk away and i will be flying with " flybe" (who are these) having a 5 year old in a wheelchair its going to be tough but also think my two boys age 18 19 will be bored staing in hotel unless the walk to cal a dor is there pubs and shops along the way to cal a dor or is it just a straight walk im feeling very disappointed and feel like cancelling
this hotel i think is cala egos which is quite a few shops and restraunts we went to cala dor once but prefered cala egos it was a nice walk about 20 minutes to cala dor but the restraunt we were served in was very expensive as it was overlooking the harbour. If you have meals out i recomend the best western steakhouse do massive meals and tonys bar do fab breakfast your hotel as good reviews and their will be a lot to do probably for the kids i wouldnt cancel just make the best of it my kids enjoy it as long as their is apool and a beach but is see your kids are older by the way their is a cheap mini train that goes into cala dor we didnt use it because we had a car good look anway.
dont know this hotel but if it is in the calor egos area it is a pleasant stroll to cala d'or round the harbour there are pubs and bars on the way but its only five minutes on the noddy train.i have been to nearly all the resorts in majorca and rate c'ala d'or as one of the best .ENJOY
Can anyone recommend any places to eat in Cala D'Or? We are actually staying in Cala D'Or (at the Sa Marina Aparthotel) staying self catering.

We could pay extra and eat in at the hotel, but would like to eat out a few nights at least, for a change.
Hiya

I have just returned from cala dor and found some great places to eat. Not sure where your apartments are,but if you are near the marina then its a 15min walk to the centre of the resort. This is where we stayed (cala dor playa apartments) Ok....our favourite place was called mestral was adnvertised as an italian,but it had a great variety of food not just itailian. Walshies was our favourite british place. I know boring you might be thinkin but it was the closest place to us on our 1st night. near the cala gran beach is 2 places one called las palmas, cheep and cheerful but good portions. On our last nite we splashed out on a place called la fontanella, really nice food, bit pricey but worth it. This is also near cala gran beach but in the pedestrian area. There are loads of places to eat so am sure you will find something suitable. Take a look at http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk
Click on the map and see if you can see where you are situated.

Good luck

floss
:)
Thanks Floss,

Will try these out when we go. Italian sounds nice, you can't go wrong with a Pizza (usually!)

Cheers
Colin
Hi Colin

Try these other web sites for information on cala dor http://www.a2zmallorca.com also http://www.caladorscene.com. I found these really useful besides holiday truths.

Have a great holiday

floss
:wave
Thanks a lot Floss.... will do!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.