Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I will be visiting Majorca and Alcudia for the first time in May. I will be staying at the Mariners Apts for 2 weeks with my 8 year old daughter (who can very quickly become bored!) Any suggestions on where is best to go and what to do in the town and surrounding area would be welcome.

Cheers
Alio :D
Last went to Alcudia along time ago and myself & friends climbed the big hill! ( sorry don't know the name of it :lol:
Didn't take too long - I had flip flops on :roll:
Didn't cost anything either.

As it's been such along time here's alink to get some acurate info

http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/alcudia_attractions.htm
Nicola - thanks for the useful link!

The waterpark is not as big as the one in Arenal, but its plenty big enough, so dont spend the extra time and money travelling to Arenal. There is a Karting track which my children loved on the main street (parallel to the beach), not far from Burger King. On the beach there are the usual pedaloes, banana boats, jetskis etc. Along the "Bellvue Boulivard" there are lots of arcades etc, and if you are walking up the hill, on the left there is a small amusement park, with bouncies, slides etc. Our complex had loads of things during the day for the children to do, for example water polo, archery, water aerobics etc (maybe yours will too).
There are a few bars who show British movies just released (probably pirates!!). A lot of the restaurants have entertainment on from around 9pm.

There are a couple of restaurants called "Cheers" and the "Peach Pit" which are next door to each other (ask for directions everyone knows where they are) and they have entertainment on especially for children every evening. They have quizzes, mini discos etc and the children seem to love it (mine are too big now!).

Most of the trips are quite a distance away, and can work out quite expensive, but Pirates Night is great, if you can part with that amount of money and bear the journey!! Marineland is great too, but again works out expensive. If you want to go to any of these buy your tickets from the resort, not your reps, as they are more expensive (and shop around!).

There is plenty to do in Alcudia without having to spend a fortune on trips!!

Have fun (we are going there this summer too!!)
Hi there,

Peach Pit and Cheers are amazing for familes so dont miss out there.

Also head to the port and the old town. The market takes place on a Sunday and Tuesday.

I am sure the little one will want her hair braiding as most girls tend to want it done. :)
Have a great time

HR
Alio

Yes - 'Cheers' bar is great down at the bottom end of Alcudia.

http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/alcudia_bars.htm

We stayed at the Lagotel just behind it last year. Once we discovered it we had trouble keeping the kids away.
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/clap2.gif
There is also a late night street market on the seafront there as well with a great shopping atmosphere!

Smiles :D
Had a fantastic family holiday in Alcudia last year - our kids are 2 and 7 and loved Marineland - and the water park.

Dont miss the fantastic pancake man outside the Bellevue - we watched him for hours from our balcony - he was better than some of the cabaret!!
Here is a link to the Peach Pit http://www.a2zmallorca.com/detail/1898.htm plus you will find more info about Pto de Alcudia :)
Is Alcudia busy in the months April/May. Will most restaurants/facilities be up and running. Sounds a nice place but want to ensure that there will be things to do for kids aged 8 and 6.

Thanks
Certainly in MAY everything in Mallorca is up and running, not sure about early April. The majority of restaurants/bars start their season at the beginning of April and close end-October, as to entertainments for kids, not sure. May is certainly quieter than June thru September, but still lots of tourists around. In fact May and September are IMHO the best months all things considered, with June a close second.
I stayed in Alcudia in April a couple of years ago and it was very quiet. But last year I stayed in Can Picafort (next resort to Alcudia) the second week in May and eveything was up and running. When we drove through Alcudia it appeared very lively. So I think you would be ok in May.
i wouldnt really go to alcudia until about 5th may or later, you cant garentee everything will be open as most places close for the winter months its a fab resort and if you can go later you will see the full potential of everything the resort has to offer you rather then guessing what it would of been like if you came when everything is open

hope this helps
The main strip will be open from mid April when Bellevue opens. There be plenty enough open to keep you occupied but you might find the odd shop closed

HR
This is a question to judith (slightly off the subject sorry).

I am going to Can Picafort in May- what are your views on it? Is it very expensive to eat out?

Thanks for your help
HI. i'm just returned from a short holiday to Mallorca. I hired a car so was able to visit Alcudia and report back! We visted on 6th April. A lovely hot sunny cloudless day. Temp was 24'.
The bars, shops, amusement arcades in Alcudia Port were open. It was quite busy. Some of the shops and bars from Alcudia Port to Playa de Muro were open. The shops and bars in and around the Alcudia Pins Hotel area were closed. This really surprised me.
C'an Picafort was in a real mess! Every road seemed to be having a new layer of tarmac on it, (ready for the summer season?) and i was forced back to the C713 road by the road-workers without getting near the harbour area !
Hope this helps. Peter Williams.
Thanks for all the info. We are looking forward to sampling some of you r recommendations

Cheers
Alio :lol:
The tropical Minigolf is good too. There's minigolf (!) and a buffet, and depending which night you go, some entertainment. last year the Blues Brothers were there, but I'm not sure if they will be this year.
Hi everone

I'm going out to Alcudia in June, me and my brother, anyone going the same time :?: Would be good to meet up with some galz our kinda age, 21 and 19.
Contact me if u r

Ryan x :D
Welcome to the forums Ryan
Please do not use text language when posting

Biff
HI off to alcudia for two weeks in june, anyone know any good pubs, restaurants clubs etc? Help would be appreciated
Ryan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.