Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Anyone going out to Alcudia beginning of July.....we fly in early hours of Saturday 2nd morning?

Any one have link etc to detailed map of Alcudia..all ones i have seen are not very detailed. We are staying at Port Area, and were wondering where Bellvue area is like/ also is it walkable?.......Alcudia seems so spread out and I dont want to miss anything exciting (i.e. good pubs/family stuff)
Alcudia is very spread out, you can walk from the port to Bellvue area, which is bustling and filled with nice bistros and bars, but it is QUITE a walk!!!!

We have done it by walking along the beach and then up through the entrance at the Paraiso complex and across the road to Bellvue boulivard. Its a lovely walk, but I wouldnt want to do it every night!!!!
We fly on 4th July to Alcudia and am also staying at the port end of the resort - I have searched everywhere for a detailed map and can't find one anywhere. We are staying at the Viva Golf apartments which show in no gazateer and only have 2 reviews from last year. I think its a German/Sacandinavian aparthotel which I don't mind but obviously not many Brits go. Panorama do the Viva Golf but you can only book with them if you fly from south of the border, penalised again for being a Scot! I will post my review on the resort and hotel when I get back.

Enjoy your holiday shoestring.
Anyone know where the Eden Lago is situated, think it is near to Lake Esperanza? Is this near to everything. Looked on a map and it seems to be in the middle somewhere. All the reviews I have read are good and the price was a bargain 140 for the apartment for a week in October. It's been 16 years since I last went to Alcudia so can't remember much about it, accept the nice beaches :lol:
here is a link to an Alcudia map

http://www.alcudiascene.com/map.html

HTH
Biff
Can anyone tell me if this ''bellvue strip'' on the map is the straight road which comes off the main road through Alcudia towards the Bellvue complex, or does it go sideways...if that make sense!!?(i.e. is it directly off main drag, at right angles to it?).
Thanks for the Viva Golf map Biff - you are a star.
:) :)
hi im going on holiday to alcudia on saturday. its our 1st time in majorca and really looking forward to it. just wondering if any one has any advice on what you can do their that will please a thirteen year old and an eighteen month . staying at the lagotel hotel so hoping they will have a good kids club. has anyone stayed here recently? also wondering if the pirates show that everyone has been talking about will be ok to take the wee one too. :lol:
hi there is loads to do there is the water park,amusements,the beach,every bar loves the kids take your little one and big one to the peach pitt bar were it is brill for the family you will see the tweenies.bob the builder ,and may more there just have fun

the fatboy
the strip is the long road all the way from the main road right down to the beach with a canal half way down over the hump back bridge there is road going off all the way down with loads to do

go for it from the fatboy
cheers fatboy...sure will go for it...!!!!! :lol:
cananyonre tell me if the ''jolly roger pub/restaurant'' is still open.other posts on site indicated it was shut down????????..never been before is it okay to sit at during day and have drink and use pool if it is?/.............also please someone tell me where are cheaspest places to drink..not scrounger or anything or tight really, just want to know where cheapest offers etc are..i'll drink anything spanish or british!! :wink:
HI shoestring yep the jolly rodger is still open has been for 22year it is nice to sit there during the day and the swimming pool was in full swing .As for a cheap pub we used to go to the crown just a small pub in beetween 2 shops on the strip just at the beach side of the hump back bridge. it showed all the soaps but you got a cocktail and a pint for 5.25 euros or a pint on its own for 1.75 euros most of the pubs you will pay anything from 2euros up to 3.50 in the chinky for a pint dont know about spirts as only drunk pints of lager have fun

yours the fatboy :D :D :D
1.75e a pint ! , hold me back.......... :shock: :lol: :wink: ..i take it that it is near the strip?
it on the strip right beside the hump back bridge on the right as you come up from the beach. its very small but very freindly little pub with a spanish man behind the bar and a lovely cumbrian lass doing the walking about. its nice cause they dont do food or table service just like a normal pub go to the bar get your drink and sit down and wach life go by ah heaven

see ya the fatboy :D :D :D
Cheers for all help 'fatboy' (god is my wife giving me hell for calling you that!

one last thing , is 'jolly roger' on/near strip...........i meant to ask this last time , but it sounded like i asked where the crown was, even though you had just explained that to me..sorry!

cheers

private ear, eddie shoestring! :P
Fatboy - agree with you about the Crown Bar. It may not be the most luxurious in the world, but the owner was so friendly, and we used to love watching the films (came on about 5pm just as we were coming up from the beach, we had a lovely cold beer or two, and then went to our apartments to get ready to go out for the evening).

Tootsxx

Shoestring - if you go past the Bellvue complex keep to the right. When you get past all the shops and bars you need to take a right turn and walk for a couple of hundred yards..............personally I was very disappointed in the Jolly Rodger last year in comparison to other years, the standard of food had gone way down and the entertainment which used to take place out the back of an evening for the children was non existant!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.