Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi everyone,
This is my first post, discovered this site a few days ago and think its brill :D, i was lucky enough to be in Alcudia in May, and loved it, am heading back last week in september and first week in October, will most places still be open does anyone know? also will weather be good that time of year? 8)
We thought Tamarindo's was excellent in May, anyone know if Nitelife still do their act there each night?
Any help will be most appreciated, thanks a mil :wink: [/i]
Mostly everywhere will still be open. Some choose to close end September, but generally the close-down starts mid October.

Weather - no year is the same, but for instance last October was fantastic for the first couple of weeks.
Thanks a mil Andrew :)
I understand that the waterpark has a minigolf now , can anyone tell me if it is open later hours than the actual water park as the info does not seem to be on the website
blackcat....we were at the water park saturday and the golf wasn't open. We left around 3pm so maybe it opened later.
Hi everyone, we are going to Alcudia for the first time end of September, staying at Viva Sunrise. It is my husband's first time to Majorca and i have only been once when i was a teenager. So exited!

Has anybody stayed at the Viva Sunrise and know if it's in a good location? I have been reading the posts and there seems to be different areas in Alcudia can you walk to all of them? Also does anybody know which area Viva Sunrise is in?

We like walking and were wondering if we will be able to walk to the Old Town and the Marina.

Also where is a good place near to go of an evening. We like to watch tribute bands.

Thanks very much.

Pippa
Viva Sunrise is in the so-called Bellevue area, more accurately known as Ciudad Blanca, which is where most of the bars etc are to be found and plenty of restaurants. You can walk to the marina taking the path along the back of the beach. Takes a while - about 25 minutes or so. The old town more or less joins onto the port area, which is where the marina is, but is a fair trek.

Tribute bands are more likely in the hotels. Opposite the Viva Sunrise is Sea Club which has them occasionally. Tamarindo restaurant, not far from the Viva, is good for live entertainment.
Thanks very much for the quick reply Viva Sunrise sounds in a very good position except for perhaps by the lakes as i have been reading the other posts and mozzies love me, but my husband never gets a bite. I will have to stock up on repellant.

Pippa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.