Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Oh, I do hope that you aren't referring to the lovely one with all the ponds and the fish nets to retrieve your lost balls with. Think it was near a race track? We went there two years ago and had a really nice evening, although we did find that it wasn't particularly accessible other than by taxi. Such a nice chap who run it. Wonder why it shut down?

Regards.
It was past the main Alcudia strip, the other side of the canal bridge,
almost at the back of Alcudia, any further and it would have been in the hills!
Still walkable from Alcudia though
would love to hear of some good restaurants in alcudia fancy something different from the usual stuff you can get at home we staying in bellevue area but wouldnt mind going to the marina part in the evening if they have something different from the usual. thanx :D
The Bellevue area is pretty uniform. Grills, pizzas, Chinese etc. But at the top of Avda Pere Mas i Reus is somewhere a bit different. S'Amfora. Tapas and other stuff. Good. On the other side of the main road at the top of Mas i Reus is a high-class place called Jardin (next to the Ciudad Blanca Hotel). Bit pricy though.

In the port area itself there is a far greater variety of restaurants.
You might want to look here http://www.thealcudiaguide.com for a number of places in the port area. You will get more in the way of Mallorcan and tapas food in the port (and in the old town) than in the Bellevue area.
Can anyone help...I am going with my son to Alcudia in a few weeks time. We haven't booked a paggage deal but done it all on the internet.

In the hotels, tour companys have boards up to advertise there day trips etc.
As an independant traveller, can I just ask any of these companys reps if we can go on there trips or do you have had to book your holidays from them?

We dont drive, but want to go out on organised trips.

Any help would be nice thanks!!
In the past, when booking a trip, I don't recall ever being asked by a rep if we were actually travelling with their company. So you could just try it.
Remember that reps earn commission on trips so you are unlikely to be turned away.
However, we travel independently these days and you can usually get the same trip for less by going to a local agency on the street. They in fact are usually contracted by the tour ops to provide the trips.
Don't bother with the reps. In Alcudia there is a company called No Frills - http://www.nofrills-excursions.com - who do all manner of trips usually under the price of the tour operators. You can call them and they'll pick you up at the nearest location, or many of the hotel receptions will book for you. You will find their leaflets or posters around when you are in Alcudia as well.
Thank you both for your answers.
Another thing...I wondered how cheap and how easy it is to use the bus to get around. Would they go to the caves of drach etc?
The buses are reliable and cheap, but in peak season they are often fulll up (unless you get on at the start of the route) and they just drive past!!!!!

Also the bus stops tend to be in full sun...........

I can recommend No-frills excursions too, we went on 2 trips with them earlier this month and they were excellent :)
Don't know if you could go all the way to the caves by bus - they are by Porto Cristo. You can bus to Cala Bona from Alcudia but it takes for ever. Locally, buses are ok but full as Acorncup says. Let the excursions people take the strain would be my advice.
Found out you can. Takes two hours. Line 445 leaves Alcudia 11:25.

http://tib.caib.es/terrestre/autobusos400.en.htm
Thanks once again for the replies...most helpful.
Hi its me again with a couple more questions!!

Can anyone recomend any pubs or things to do in the evening in Alcudia? It will be for me and my 15 year old son. We like watching karaoke! What other sort of pubs are there?
Is there much else to do apart from the pubs?

We are staying the harbour end of Alcudia.

Thanks for your help, this is our first time in Alcudia and Majorca so I'm learning all the time !!
Which hotel will you be staying at? Alcudia is quite sprawling. Sounds like somewhere like The Drunken Duck might be ok (as far as pubs go), but can't know for sure.
we are staying at the Hotel Alcudia.
Ok, I'll stick with the immediate area. Bars/pubs right by you - Smugglers and Comics. No karaoke though. Drunken Duck - if they're still doing it - would be closest; it's by the Condes de Alcudia Hotel, a few minutes walk away.

There aren't that many bars in the harbour area. It's more restaurants. But evenings there is often entertainment on the promenade and there is a market every evening in the marina.

Sounds like you might want to get a bus or taxi to the so-called Bellevue area for the odd evening. You can walk, but it's about 20-25 minutes. Loads of places there that do all sort of entertainment.

Also, check out the old town of Alcudia. Very different to the rest of Alcudia. You can walk from the Alcudia Hotel - about 10 minutes. Not a lot to do as such, but there are regular evening events like the Via Fora (son et lumiere) by the city walls.

Does this help?
thanks andrew, a big help as always.
Andrew, one last question I promise!!

How far is the Hotel Alcudia from the best beach?

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.