Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
cala d or
12 Posts
should be fine with mozzies - I always put a bit of spray on but generally ok.

Our favourite restaurant is Acuarius down by the marina - excellent services and gorgeous food, Negro Blanca is also good.

In the centre there is some good restaurants too - Es Caliu and another one - can't remember the name fully but it has Trompe in it! Sorry!

But I think generally all the restaurant are supposed to be good - also opposite the Rocamarina hotel - which is on the opposite side of the marina - nearer Cala Egos is a restaurant which is owned by the hotel but the public can use it - they do excellent steaks there and also a cracking omelette - great for in the day too if you fancy a different beach/pool - right along side.

Where abouts are you stopping - any other questions and I'll try to help :wink:
I would totally agree with your choices in places to eat we must have the same taste
Thanks for that hippyjack and tich we are staying at the Rocador, heard some good and not so good reports but as long as its clean we will be ok .do you know of any good walks around cala d or .cheers Rob
Hi, best part of an hour but well worth it is a walk to Porto Petro.
From the Rocador head to the Marina and follow the road around to the other side, go up the hill to the tennis courts and turn left to the new swimming pool building and turn right. Quite a long straight road to a right and left turn and then down the left hill to the entrance to PP.
Follow the road around the port and there are lots of small traditional Mallorcan bars and resturants on the waterfront.
Lovely at this time of year and if you do not fancy walking back there is a taxi rank on the front with a taxi call phone on the lampost at the rank if no taxis are there. Cost € 10 one way.
Hope you enjoy it,
Steve.
Thanks for that Steve do you think we will need our walking boots or would trainers be ok.mind you we are looking forward to a few days on the beach just relaxing and charging the batteries up for the winter.any tips about cala d or you know of would be handy cheers mate Rob.
There is a little tourist train that goes around Cala D'or round to by Cala Egos - not expensive and the ticket is return - good way of looking around the resort.

Cala D'or consists of lots of little coves/beaches rather than a long beach. Cala Ferrera is a nice beach, Cala Esmerelda beach is quite small, Cala Gran beach is nice too.

The centre of Cala D'or consists of little cobbles squares where you can watch the world go by under twinkly lights at night - lovely!

The marina is lovely - we always book a table at the restaurant so we get a good view right along the waters edge.

There are also some lovely boat trips that visit a lot of the coves up and down the coast.

Cala Mondrago is also a beautiful beach - not very far - think it's also a nature reserve.

The cocktail bars (have an hawaiin look) are very nice too after a meal!

It is a beautiful place, very relaxing, very safe feeling - my favourite resort in Majorca!

Have a lovely time! Any other questions just ask and I'll try to help :wink:
Trainers will be fine as it is all road walking to Porto Petro.
The best meals that i have had were at Sancora in the marina and Es Caliu in town (good steaks) and for traditional Mallorcan food try Can Trompe next door to Es Caliu
Ask for Tom at Sancora and book a waterside table for a treat, we find it not any more expensive than resturants in the town and much better quality and service than most others.
I am sure you will enjoy it,
Steve.
Just got back from six weeks in Cala Dor. Been going there for the past 7 years so know the restaurants quite well. In my opinion, the best restaurant in town is Can Trompe. It serves excellent Mallorquian food - both meat (yes, steak) and seafood. The mixed paella is the best in the area. Just across from Can Trompe is a restaurant called Es Cailu, owned by the same family I am told. The tapas here are really fantastic. The setting for both of these restaurants is lovely - bang in the centre of town, where you can sit and eat and watch the world go by. There are so many restaurants in Cala Dor but in my opinion, many of them are only so-so and serve very much the same type of food. On the Marina there are some very good restatuants. We eat at Botovara on the far side of the marina and the food here is lovely. On the near side, many people say that the steak at Zocolo is excellent, although I must admit I havent eaten there for a while and I did not have steak. Basically, in Cala Dor you tend to get what you pay for. If you choose from among the many restaurants that are trying to drag you in off the street, the likelihood is that the quality of food will be pretty average. Whatever you do I wish you a great time - I left on Sunday when the sky was blue and the sun was shining and I got home to dark evenings and rain. Normal service resumed!
Just got back from six weeks in Cala Dor. Been going there for the past 7 years so know the restaurants quite well. In my opinion, the best restaurant in town is Can Trompe. It serves excellent Mallorquian food - both meat (yes, steak) and seafood. The mixed paella is the best in the area. Just across from Can Trompe is a restaurant called Es Cailu, owned by the same family I am told. The tapas here are really fantastic. The setting for both of these restaurants is lovely - bang in the centre of town, where you can sit and eat and watch the world go by. There are so many restaurants in Cala Dor but in my opinion, many of them are only so-so and serve very much the same type of food. On the Marina there are some very good restatuants. We eat at Botovara on the far side of the marina and the food here is lovely. On the near side, many people say that the steak at Zocolo is excellent, although I must admit I havent eaten there for a while and I did not have steak. Basically, in Cala Dor you tend to get what you pay for. If you choose from among the many restaurants that are trying to drag you in off the street, the likelihood is that the quality of food will be pretty average. Whatever you do I wish you a great time - I left on Sunday when the sky was blue and the sun was shining and I got home to dark evenings and rain. Normal service resumed!
Thank you all very much for your help, you have given us some brill advice.time to start packing will let you know how we get on when we get back . sounds like the first thing will be a diet he he.
Hi all had a brill time will be going again, Rocador hotel is good better than the write ups it gets ,any one need any info on hotel let us know and we will do our best to halp cheers every body .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.