Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi KatieS 8)

we were having this discussion last night about Benirras!! When we've been to the SM in the past we had a hire car for 3 days and went there then.
The road up past the caves is the way to go, but it's a very long walk, and wouldn't be funny coming back after sunset. Its a very twisty road with nothing to stop you falling over the edge!! The long way round is up into San Miguel Village, but that would be by car.
The best alternative would be to get a taxi at the beach in SM, which would only be a few euros. When you want to come back, I guess you could get one of the bar staff to ring a taxi to pick you up. This is what we are going to do next year.
Benirras is lovely but can get busy, there are some bars, a couple of restaurants and some souvenir shops. Its definately worth a visit or 2 8) 8)
you can see exactly where it is ibiza google map

click on beaches and er click on benirras

its probably my favourite beach on the island - the little bar on the far left of the beach is where we always go[/url]

you're not going to want to walk from port de san miguel - unless you like hiking and a long walk :)
taxis will go that way now but it used to be a *really* bad camino that even in a 4x4 you'd think twice
I've just posted a reply on the San Miguel Hotel thread, but I'll post on here too, in case anyone else is interested. You can get a "water taxi" (little speedboat) round to Benirras from San Miguel beach, it costs 3€ each way. It's not very far at all by boat, but I wouldn't walk it!
Hi, loads of thanks to all who replied to me...........I am so glad that I have been warned about trying to walk it, I know how dark it gets round there at night and also I'm not the world's most enthusiastic walker unless its relatively flat ground!
Molliemoo if we have success with getting a taxi over there I will let you know how it goes!
Ade, thanks, I did try google maps but didnt think to click on beaches :oops: I will have another more careful look!
Cyberspace, the water taxi idea sounds ideal - we thought we would like to go for an afternoon & evening, so that would be a nice way to do it. Do you know whether they stop running at any particular time? I guess they are run by the guys that run the banana boat & watersports on the beach at San Miguel?
Thanks again all for the helpful advice, you have probably saved me getting blisters from trying to walk it, (at best) and a broken neck (toppling over the cliff) at worst!!! xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.