Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sorry can't help you on this. I have seen this hostel but don't know anything about. I guess it will be basic but for a few days I don't suppose it will matter. The hotel I am staying in is within the same price bracket and I found it really good so you might be pleasantly suprised! :P What hotel are you moving on to?

In fact, do you want to like it? It might make you regret booking a more expensive place! :hmmm
Found this:

The 2 star Hotel Melis is a family run hotel that is situated close to the centre of Cala Millor where you will find a good choice of restaurants, shops and cafes, and approximately 50 metres from the pedestrian promenade and wide sandy resort beach.
Built in 1973 and recently completely renovated, the Melis is a small hotel with a total of 34 guest rooms that include 30 double rooms and 4 singles that are built over 4 floors. All rooms at the hotel come equipped with a modern fully fitted bathroom, safety deposit box and either a terrace or balcony.

Guest facilities include reception area with along with an air conditioned dining room and lounge bar.

Have gone past it but never been inside but looked okay from what I could see.
Cheers guys,
I guess i,ll find out soon !---just thought I,d ask!!
Hi Tippi, will let you know how it is when I call in the Beachboys---sure to call in!!
Your going on the 2nd---Yes?
Will be going on to the Anba Romani !
Where are you staying?
Cheers John
Hi John

I'm staying at the Hotel Moreyo in Cala Bona (opposite the Hotel Sur) but will visit my brother most nights at the Beachboys which is on the seafront on the border between Cala Millor and Cala Bona.

See you there :P
Hi Tippi,
Yes,I know where the Beachboys is---tho I think I,ve only ever been in once--- i,ll try it again!!
I know the Moreyo-tho never stayed!----had a room facing ,over at the Sur,back in the 90,s,
I stay in both Bona and Millor---like to move around-try different places.
A ?---what,s best to take?---- Cash in Stirling,Euro.s Or Travelers cheques in Stirling or Euro,s or use the ATM.s
Cheers
John
John

We always take enough € for the first couple of days and the rest in sterling T/C's (we get ours from M&S)

The best exchange place we've found is at Pireo (a souvenier shop) on corner in Cala Bona opposite Crazy Corner (where they do the cheap booze in plaggy bottles) which is just along from Smithy's in the harbour.

The rate is always higher, no commision, the lady is very friendly and we don't have to take passport everytime we change our T/C's.

Tis
Tis

You are a mine of information. I think I must walk around with my eyes closed. You are much more useful than my brother (I will let him know in no uncertain terms when I see him) :twisted:

love tippi
Cheers Tis,
I know the shop-----white haired man----he,s been there before the cala bona harbour---l.o.l---gives good rate!!
Cheers John
John, that sounds like the one - don't see him as much as his wife tho' - think I only saw him twice last year.

She gave us some good advice about the flower sellers outside Palma Cathedral when we went in 2004 - said to just tell them to go away and threaten them with "POLICIA" - thought it was really good of her to warn us.

Anyway, I digress - as I say you get a better rate - okay it may only be a cent but they all add up don't they andthe fact you don't have to take your passport with you everytime (not sure if it's across the board or only if she remembers your face) but saves us loads of hassle and she's always open early too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.