Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Calis Beach
5 Posts
Hi Rita
to get to Fethiye you can take either a dolmus or a water taxi.
the dolmus takes around 15mins and the water taxi around 40 mins. both are close to your hotel and are very easy and frequent.
to olu denis, you can walk up to the main road maybe 10 mins,and get a dolmus or , as we used to do, go into fethiye and get a dolmus from the dolmus station, more expensive but guaranteed a seat!
ditto for Hisaronu and ovacek.
If I rememeber correctly for dalaman you will need to go into fethiye to the big bus station (could very easily be wrong on this!).
when we have been to he mud baths etc we have gone on a trip in a coach that comes with the trip.
Unless it has altered, boat trips will leave from fethiye, but booking tours in the resort usually gets a pick up and return thrown in., actually now I think , the boat trips offered in fethiye will probably pick you up and return you to calis as well.
the haman in fethiye is worth a visit!

enjoy, but not the same as Goa :D

del
There are many places to eat on Calis promenade and on the road leading away from the beach. You can stroll along the promenade from end to end in 30 mins.

There are also many restaurants in Fethiye.

Transport from Calis to Fethiye either by water taxi (4 lira) or Dolmus (1.5 lira I think).

To get to Olu Deniz or Hisaronu you will need to get a Dolmus from the Dolmus stop in Fethiye. It is situated behind the large Mosque. All of the Dolmuses from Calis stop there. There is someone there to help you to get on the right Dolmus although they all have destination signs in the front window. I cannot remember the journey time to Olu Deniz maybe 1 hour max.

For Dalaman you will have to go to the main bus station (Otogar)

For boat trips you can book trips on the Fethiye promenade. They will collect you from and return you to your hotel.A lovely relaxing day out.

You can also book a private boat trip from the Boat taxis in Calis.
Hi there.
I am just back from the Oykun hotel and spent 2 weeks there. The hotel is lovely and the staff are tremendous. Pool area too hot for me so walked to the beach daily. Water taxi is 5 mins walk away. Turn right out of hotel, walked to bottom of road, turn left and the water taxis are in front of you at the wooden bridge. It was 4 lira for the 25min crossing to Fethiye. We also took the Domus 1lira 50 to Fethiye the 3lira 50 to Olu Deniz. The dolmus goes through Ovacik, Hisaronou and then downhill to Olu Deniz. We booked the 12 island boat trip with Carole and Tayfun as recommended to us by others http://www.caroletayfun.com/Index.aspx. It was £9 for a whole day trip inc lunch. You can pre book on line too. We loved it, great value and no pressure to buy drinks or ice creams on board. They send a mini bus to pick you up at the Oykun, no extra charge. Popeye boat at Fethiye harbour gets a good name too. Slightly smaller boat and will try them when we go back in September. Although you pass 12 islands, all the boats stop at 4 only. You can get off or have a swim of the boat. There's also a place on the main street round the corner from the hotel called Canianda tours. They too do all the boat trips and pick you up from the hotel. We booked the Dalyan mud baths with them. Just one point to make. The exchange rate is considerably better in resort so take Sterling and change it there. We got 2.23 to the £ before we left home and in resort it was already 2.30. In 2 weeks it had gone up by the day to 2.47lira to the £.
Hope this is helpful
Thank you for your replies things are becoming much clearer.

Del949 - Just in process of booking 3rd Holiday to Goa. I'm sure Turkey will be a brilliant summer alternative, can't wait!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.